Arcade Collecting > Pinball

My Pinball Playfield Swap - Stargate - All Electronics Done!

(1/28) > >>

Buddabing:
Hello,

In March of 2005 I acquired my first pinball machine, a Stargate. All the plastics, toys, wireform ramps, and all that are intact and in good condition. The cabinet is in great shape, too. Everything works 100%.

The only problem is that the playfield is shot to hell. It is in very poor condition, with duct tape in the ball drop areas and much of the artwork destroyed in several areas. Someone must have used scratched-up pinballs in the machine.

Not to fear. The collector who sold me the machine was originally planning to swap the playfield out and so he had a NOS playfield that I bought along with the machine.

Here are a couple of pictures of the playfield as it currently exists.

Buddabing:
After doing some research, I decided to send my NOS playfield off to be clearcoated. I sent it to the well-known playfield restorer Bill Davis.

Here are a couple of pictures of the clearcoated playfield. It looks better than this in person.

Buddabing:
I'm planning on doing this playfield swap in an unconventional way. I saw some plans for a playfield rotisserie online and I decided to build one.

After I explained what it was for to my wife, she suggested that I build two of them, one for the old playfield and one for the new one. That way parts can be transferred more easily. After giving this some thought, I agreed.

The second rotisserie is still under construction, once it is done I'll post pictures.

Here's a link to the post on rec.games.pinball that I got the plans from.

menace:
Very cool another stargate pin owner  :D  if you ever need some pics of an area that you forgot how to put back together feel free to give me a shout.  It was our first pin and totally spoiled us--now she hums and haws if i consider buying any pin without a minimum of 3 toys on it  :P

Very cool rotiserrie as well i'm sure it will make repairs/work a ton easier for you.

CheffoJeffo:

--- Quote from: Buddabing on November 08, 2005, 10:37:49 pm ---After I explained what it was for to my wife, she suggested that I build two of them
--- End quote ---

Now that's a keeper ... well done!

Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version