Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ?? diagnosing radblasters control problem  (Read 1415 times)

cyruszain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2006, 11:16:09 pm
  • The Kombucha Mushroom People
?? diagnosing radblasters control problem
« on: October 30, 2005, 08:05:49 pm »
hello,  i am hoping i can get some help on this.
My Roadlasters control will not go left and right. Is there a way i can test to see if it is the control or not. I have looked at the schematic and i can't seem to figure out which wires to try and jump and see if i get a result.
i'm stumped on what to check.
thanks.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: ?? diagnosing radblasters control problem
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:47:29 am »
Use the game self-test switch down on the amplifier board (what a stupid place to put a dianostic switch IMO) to go into the test mode and select controls and steering tests.

If everything is plugged in properly on your control panel and adjusted corrrectly and the game steering does not function properly then I usually find that it's a gameboard problem. Then it's time to ship the game boards off to www.eldoradogames.com for repair.

cyruszain

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2006, 11:16:09 pm
  • The Kombucha Mushroom People
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 04:48:57 pm »
thank you Ken!
It appears the control is not a problem as best i can tell.
I did hit the swith for test mode before but was unable to see steering options. After your response i decided to spend a little more time in that mode to see what was going on. I can't go through the options?? I can only do the first option in each mode. I hit the trigger to scroll through the options for each mode but it proceeds to the next mode rather than scroll down to other options.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 06:28:55 pm »
Those trigger switches are known to go bad and keep you from getting into certain modes/adjustments.

Rocky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2009, 12:38:41 pm
  • I want to finish my cab before I retire!!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 08:35:35 pm »
Turn on the test switch before you power up the game. There are some additional test features that are only accessable this way.