Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Virtual Jukebox Version 3.0  (Read 13280 times)

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re:Virtual Jukebox Version 3.0
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2003, 01:21:57 pm »
I have a ripping utility that works just fine.  I don't see a need to add it to VJB.  That way you can focus develpment on VJB operational features and not get too far away from the basic program.

BobA

amsTaTic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2004, 02:09:34 am
  • ---display unending love for my bottom---!
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2003, 05:31:36 pm »
I have a ripping utility that works just fine.  I don't see a need to add it to VJB.  That way you can focus develpment on VJB operational features and not get too far away from the basic program.

BobA

Ditto  ;D

I do have one question though, concerning the new licensing. I have just begun to play around with the idea of building a jukebox for my game room. I have scrapped together some older computer equipment to get it started, but I will probably upgrade to better equipment/OS in the very near future. In fact, I just ordered some of it today. Will there be a problem when I go to re-install VJ on the new system? Or will I be able to get a new license without a hassle?

TIA

JLR2000

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 02:49:16 pm
  • There is NO Sanctuary...
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2003, 08:42:30 pm »
I'm wondering the same thing - I have a registration code now.  I plan to build a jukebox sometime in the near future.  I'd like to get the program configured and running on one of my current PCs.  When construction is complete, I will most likely put another PC in the jukebox with my existing harddrive containing all of my music and covers.  I would reload the PC with the bare minimum Win98 load and then install VJB, pointing to all my config files/music on the music harddrive.

Will this work, or will we need to contact you in these circumstances?

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2003, 08:51:42 pm »
The new security measures are only too prevent pirating...simply submit the new serial and I'll give you a registration code.  I'm not trying to track every time the software is installed....I'd support a copy of VJ on every computer that you own "Personally"...now if someone is requesting a new reg code every other day...there's something going on there (that's what I'm trying to prevent).

Testing update:  I'm running VJ through the works to catch as many bugs as I can so the beta version will be close to release...so far, I have only found one and fix it...search mode.  Here's how the new search mode works:  The first time you do a search, VJ needs to load all of the album and track info into a text file (this is what slowed down album loading in version 2).  Once album info is loaded into the search text...VJ will store the text until the program is shut down, or until a different music library is selected.  I've added a progress bar to the loading operation.  So far so good...still looking at a tomorrow (1/22) beta release.

JLR2000

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 02:49:16 pm
  • There is NO Sanctuary...
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2003, 08:54:00 pm »
Thanks Cyber....that's kinda what I figured-

Looking forward to the next version......and getting my Jukebox project started some day.... ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 08:54:32 pm by JLR2000 »