Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: mala and mame 32 .ini file  (Read 3659 times)

grayxx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2006, 07:25:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
mala and mame 32 .ini file
« on: September 23, 2005, 07:36:08 pm »
hi guys
im using mala frontend which is great in my cocktail cabinet, so its used with vertical layouts, im also using mame 32 with it, but when i click on rotate mame with mala in the settings and then go to run a game from mala it says mame.ini file missing whats this as i cant seem to figure it out??, ive tried the command line version of mame with mala and this works fine but it takes longer to load and comes up with a black box in the middle of my mala layout when a game is loading which spoils the look a little bit, all help much apreciated guys.....

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
Re: mala and mame 32 .ini file
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 08:42:46 pm »
G'day,
using mame 32 with it, but when i click on rotate mame with mala in the settings and then go to run a game from mala it says mame.ini file missing

Mame 32FE does not rotate (just the games do) . MaLa is looking for the command line version of mame becuase of the options you must have set. I don't think running Mame32 from a FE is worth it anyway in my opinion.

Ive tried the command line version of mame with mala and this works fine but it takes longer to load

Don't use the latest version of mame. I use .80 as I don't want to play the latest games (just the 80's stuff). It loads very fast. http://www.mame.net/zips/mame080b.zip
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 10:01:58 pm by loadman »

grayxx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2006, 07:25:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: mala and mame 32 .ini file
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 05:42:21 am »
loadman thank for your reply, done all the above and it works great, much better now thanx for yor help your a star, take care m8.....