Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sneek peek  (Read 4033 times)

eightbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Sneek peek
« on: January 12, 2003, 01:34:15 am »
Heres a sneek peek of my newest cab. Outside, control panel, monitor, marquee, sidewinder hack interface all done. It still needs a coin lock, speakers and a PC.

I'm doing a PC upgrade to my main cab and I'm moving that PC into this cab. The new PC is almost done, I just need to go get a hard drive tommorrow and load it up.

I used a t-stick on a 3/8 panel with 1/8 plexi. I like how it feels in my test playing in 4 way mode. I can reach in through the coin door to switch it to 8 way. I used a sidewinder hack for the interface. I fried the first PCB trying to solder it so I had my brother do the soldering on the secound one. It ain't pretty but all the buttons are working and I have all the inputs I wanted plus an extra.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
Re:Sneek peek
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 09:21:39 am »
looks pretty cool eightbit...

sorry you had trouble with the SW hack.

question: PC monitor, TV, or orig. arc monitor?

Looks good.. very sharp and clean looking!

rampy

eightbit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 11:31:37 am »
Hey this one isn't flashy, it doesn't have a rotating control panel or a LCD instruction panel or even super cool artwork but it works. It is finished! (Well as finished as a cabinet ever gets.) The web page is updated and I submitted it to the examples page.

Go here to check it out- mame.hower.us/rallyx

Rampy-
The Sidewinder hack was my fault, I've never soldered before and I used a 20" PC monitor.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 03:35:02 pm »
Hey this one isn't flashy, it doesn't have a rotating control panel or a LCD instruction panel or even super cool artwork but it works. It is finished! (Well as finished as a cabinet ever gets.) The web page is updated and I submitted it to the examples page.

Go here to check it out- mame.hower.us/rallyx

Rampy-
The Sidewinder hack was my fault, I've never soldered before and I used a 20" PC monitor.

The solder flows to the flux.  It binds the wires, holds them together.

=P

rampy

PS what's that http://mame.hower.us/rallyx/IMG_8687.JPG  brown quasi-retro looking kiosk thingie?  A megatouch prototype?

never mind  I know see it is a jukebox... cool.. where'd you get the front plastic for that... ?  is that an ATM or something =P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 03:38:22 pm by rampy »

eightbit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 04:49:44 pm »
never mind  I know see it is a jukebox... cool.. where'd you get the front plastic for that... ?  is that an ATM or something =P
I haven't fleshed out the other sections of the site yet. I'll do a complete write up on the Willow cab and the jukebox eventually.

The jukebox started life as this-

It was a touch screen gift registry from where I work.

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 06:27:17 pm »
sweet pacman cab.

eightbit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 07:24:11 pm »
sweet pacman cab.
Nope it was origanely rally-x, I taped off the stickers and painted it with some surplus yellow paint leftoever from painting my daughters room. It still has the origanel label with serial number inside.

I wonder if pac-man and rally-x used the same cab, they even appear to have the same orange t-molding but different colors of yellow paint.

eightbit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2003, 12:17:40 am »
mame.hower.us/rallyx
Over 500 hits in 2 days, pretty cool!