Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: weirdness in Virtual Jukebox  (Read 3557 times)

scottie4442

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2009, 09:36:43 am
  • Doing the Arcade Thing under Linux
    • Scottie's Place
weirdness in Virtual Jukebox
« on: January 10, 2003, 11:30:26 am »
I have everything setup finally with VJ and it works great, except I get two copies of all my albums when they show on the screen.  

----------------------------------
[    1            [             3        [
[    2            [             4        [

This is what the screen looks like, where the albums are displayed.  The problem is 1 and 2 show the same album, 1 shows the pictures and all the tracks and 2 shows the title and all the tracks again.  3 and 4 do the same thing.  Do I have something set wrong in the preferences or is this a bug in the software.  Please help.  Thanks for the great work on this software it works wonderful.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re:weirdness in Virtual Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 01:07:07 pm »
The only time that I saw that sort of thing was when I was originaly setting it up and had only a few albums in the list.  Go to your music library and look at the listing to see if the album is listed more then once.  You could go to the delete list and kill off any duplicates if this is the case.

I have about 190 albums in now and it works great.  Using W98.

BobA

aes_ebu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2003, 01:09:21 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 01:40:04 am »
Hey Scottie, what OS are you using? I am having a similar problem with VJB on Windows2000.

scottie4442

• Offline Offline
    • Scottie's Place
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 10:48:20 am »
I am using Windows XP Professional with SP1 installed.  Everything works correctly just duplicates all the albums on the screen.  I have over 4600 songs and something like 300 albums so the small album list is not the thing.  

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 08:12:01 pm »
For those who have been experiencing the problem described in this thread...please do as BobA suggested and go to your music library and verify that the albums are listed only once...there is a very easy way to accidentally duplicate albums...when adding albums, when you hit the Next or OK button...the albums are added to the library, but the list is not cleared...so if the Next or OK button is hit again (a second) time...the same albums will be added to the library again.

Please let me know if this may be the case.

scottie4442

• Offline Offline
    • Scottie's Place
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 10:11:58 am »
I have checked the double album thing and that is not the case.  After I broke my MP3 collection up into albums and started VJ, I went through and told it where to read the directory and let it do so. After this finished I noticed that it showed two copies of every album.  As I said before not a big deal just an asthetic thing and kind of a hiccup in an otherwise GREAT piece of software.

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 10:18:50 am »
I would still like to correct the problem if it lies in the software.  Could you do me a favor and email me the library file.  It will be in a subdirectory called \Libraries and the filename will have a .lib extension.

Please send it to info@cybertechdesign.net
Thanks.

scottie4442

• Offline Offline
    • Scottie's Place
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2003, 09:55:17 am »
sure, I will try to get it to you this afternoon or tomorrow. All you need is the .lib file?

Oh, a question about something else with VJ, didn't you say that you were working on making VJ be able to rip songs from CD's? I think that is the only other feature that I am looking for.

Well let me get the stuff you need.

Scottie4442