Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question on changing monitor refresh rate?  (Read 4617 times)

XtremeMAME

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Never
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Question on changing monitor refresh rate?
« on: April 27, 2002, 04:33:31 pm »
??? I have purchased an EYGO 27" monitor ( hasn't arrived yet) I know the monitor uses a 60hz. refresh rate but how do I set that up? I thought I have seen where to change it but I cannot find it now for the life of me. I am using Win ME and a Ge-Force 3. Any help appreciated!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
Re: Question on changing monitor refresh rate?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 08:01:47 pm »
In Win '98 (assuming ME works the same?):

Right click anywhere on the desktop and select "Properties".  Click the settings tab.  Click "Advanced".  Click the "Adapter" tab.  There should be a setting for refresh rate.  If not, or if you can't change it, look under the Nvidia or GeForce tab and look for an option like "Refresh Rate equals - Default, Predefined, Custom, or Optimal."  Try Predefined or other values and see if this allows you to change it.

If none of these work, log on to http://64.113.35.210/index.htm (www.entechtaiwan.com and d/l multires.exe.  It's 52k, freeware and a handy little TSR that let's you set resolution, refresh rate, and color depth from the systray.

Hope this helps!
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

XtremeMAME

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Never
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Re: Question on changing monitor refresh rate?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2002, 10:01:04 am »
Gracias Mi Amigo! I appreciate it!