Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Did I fry my arcade monitor?  (Read 4185 times)

Mani

• Trade Count: (0)
Did I fry my arcade monitor?
« on: April 24, 2002, 01:35:15 pm »
I recently moved my arcade cab, and I'm worried that I may have destroyed the monitor.

When I power up the cabinet, I get the usual white flash on the screen, which I hope is a hint that the monitor is not ruined. But when I plug it into my PC and try to do some tests with advancemame's advcfg util, I get nothing at all on the monitor, not even a distorted image.

I'm convinced that the cable and my solder points are intact, and looking at the monitor in the cabinet, I can't see anything that could have dislodged during the move.

I have tried obvious things like adjusting brightness, etc, to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea about what I should try?

Thanks,
-Mani
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

ophtho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2002, 11:47:40 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Re: Did I fry my arcade monitor?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2002, 09:49:04 pm »
On the video chassis that connects to the monitor I have several boards that plug into the main board. When I was relocating things once of them got partially disconnected and like you I got no picture. I would try (with the power off of course and making sure you only touch the plastic boards and no caps or other components), push a few of them down and see if that works. Its possible you also jarred the board that connects from the video chassis to the gun on the back of the picture tube, but again, be very very careful in checking this out.  The last thing you want to do is kill yourself in the process of trying to make your monitor work again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »