Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Desktop (display) does not fit the tv...  (Read 1190 times)

gdilly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2016, 10:33:55 am
  • www.gdilly.com
    • Arcade Ramrod - www.gdilly.com
Desktop (display) does not fit the tv...
« on: September 11, 2005, 02:12:39 pm »
First of all, my arcade has been working fine for over a year now.  When I booted it up Windows fit the size of the tv screen.

Now all the sudden when I boot up Windows is huge.  I have to use my mouse to move the screen up and down.  This in turn makes part of the games unviewable.  I have checked all the settings I know of for my Radeon 9200 card but cannot figure out what is going on.

If anyone has any suggestions thanks.
Chuck Norris was originally in Street Fighter II, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked about this "glitch," Norris replied "What Glitch?"

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
Re: Desktop (display) does not fit the tv...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 08:23:24 pm »
Have you updated catylist drivers recently?

It sounds like a display driver setting - my radeon behaves in a similar fashion if you set the desktop to be a greater size (eg 1280x1024) than the maximum support tv-out size (800x600 for me I believe).

I'm assuming you are using tv-out from the pc. go to display settings and set the desktop resolution to be 640x480 and see if that helps. Then move up the resolutions till you find out where its too big for the tv.

Note if you desktop dissapears over the edge of the screen but does NOT scroll when you move the mouse to the edge (ie the mouse dissapears) then the image is being overscanned. Adjustments again are available in the graphics card advanced settings in windows.....

gdilly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2016, 10:33:55 am
  • www.gdilly.com
    • Arcade Ramrod - www.gdilly.com
Re: Desktop (display) does not fit the tv...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 09:43:41 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I spent all day but I finally got it figured out.
Chuck Norris was originally in Street Fighter II, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked about this "glitch," Norris replied "What Glitch?"