Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DOSCab Request  (Read 3930 times)

knuttz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2017, 01:46:08 pm
DOSCab Request
« on: August 28, 2005, 03:36:01 pm »
First off thank you Chris,  DOSCab is an awesome program.  I am trying to set up a skin with two long lists of songs.  I plan to run DOSCab on my real jukebox which does not have page flip buttons so I need to set up a skin with about 100 songs per strip.  When I try to do this I get the error:

"Fatal Error   SongsPerStrip invalid  (min=1, max=50)"

After I press OK on the error box the program works fine. 
Would you please raise the SongsPerStrip maximum to 100 if it's not too much trouble.  This would greatly help my project.
Thanks again
Matthew
"Look at all those hamburgers. You can't eat all those hamburgers you stupid fella, OH GEEZ!" "OH he's gonna do it! He's so rediculous."

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: DOSCab Request
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 03:19:05 pm »
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

knuttz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2017, 01:46:08 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 06:50:23 pm »
My jukebox is a NSM Prestige.  It has 10 rows and 8 columns of strips with each strip containing two songs.  The songs range from 100-179 and 200-279 for a total of 160 songs.  The songs are numbered as follows:

100    110   etc.
200    210

101    111
201    211

102    112
202    212

etc.

If I set SongsPerStrip to single or double with 10 rows and 8 columns I only get two didget selection which is a problem since my jukebox is set up for three didget selection.  I also have the following options in the skin:

SelectionMethod=Numeric
UseZero=true
HighNumber=9

If I set a skin up with 1 row and 2 columns, 80 songs per strip, and the above options I get the numbering system I need (column 1 starts with 100 and goes to 179 and column 2 starts with 200 and goes to 279) but I get that pesky error that I mentioned in my first post.  I would like to set this up the correct way but I can't seem to figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"Look at all those hamburgers. You can't eat all those hamburgers you stupid fella, OH GEEZ!" "OH he's gonna do it! He's so rediculous."

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 07:04:30 pm »
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com