Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AD-81P Coin Selector Help!  (Read 2260 times)

jshum9999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2007, 11:46:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
AD-81P Coin Selector Help!
« on: August 23, 2005, 06:55:01 am »
Hello,
I'm really new to arcades, and i just got my first arcade. I'm using a Asahi Seiko AD-81P coin selector, and I'm finding it very difficult to adjust the coin selector to accept quarters only. I've been able to get it to accept nickles and quarters, or just nickles, but never just quarters. Can anyone help me please? Maybe a brief explaination of what each screw changes and how it affects.

Thanks

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: AD-81P Coin Selector Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:06:45 am »
The best suggestion is to telephone the tech support dept. at www.asusainc.com (Asahi Seiko USA) in Las Vegas.

jshum9999

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2007, 11:46:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:45:41 pm »
so i called them and they weren't really helpful, they just told me to buy one made for quarters.

anyone else know?

vaderag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 05:11:02 am
  • Building my own cab :)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 10:17:35 am »
I've got this same coin mech - I found https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/AD-81P_Coin_Acceptor which it looks like I will be able to adjust to take some tokens etc, but actually what I really want is to be able to accept the reject shoot.

I have some switches which I'm prepared to glue / attach / 3d print something to hold on there but what I've found is that there are too many places that the reject shoot can be reached from and the exit is too wide to catch...

Anyone found a good spot to make this work?

vaderag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 05:11:02 am
  • Building my own cab :)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 06:06:06 am »
In case it helps anyone - rather than accept the reject, I designed a piece which makes this mech work with SEGA tokens (and likely other similarly sized tokens) if you're in the same position as me and your mech isn't quite complete
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5757696