Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Project Website  (Read 2440 times)

toyguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2004, 11:07:11 pm
  • I'm a llama!
New Project Website
« on: January 04, 2003, 01:24:33 am »
I've just begun building a web site for myself and I've posted a few pictures of my work-in-progress MAME cab project, affectionately titled Mamiac.

I'll be posting a more detailed account of the project and it's final results over the next few weeks.  The cab is playable, but still needs finishing and tweaking.  I've got a MAME coming-out party scheduled for mid-end January, so I'm keeping busy :^)

The URL, for anyone interested, is:

http://mysite.verizon.net/toyguy/

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
Re:New Project Website
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 04:50:39 pm »
Mame and motorcycles, nice combo on your site.

It looks good so far.

Are you left handed?  Even though I am, I think playing games with the joystick to the right would be hard to get use to.  But that's what makes building your own cabinet so great, your building it, so it's built for you.

toyguy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2004, 11:07:11 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re:New Project Website
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 09:27:55 pm »
Actually, no I'm a rightie but that's why it's the way it is.  I suck with any sort of motor skill function on my left hand, but I can pound buttons with it :^)

My right hand does the fine motor skill work, so I use the joystick that way.  I am thinking of building another panel to accomodate visitors who prefer the other style.  My plan is to probably have 2 control panels like the one currently shown, 1 for lefties and the other for righties, plus a dedicated rotary stick panel, a dedicated 4 way panel and a dedicated, 45-degree QBert panel.  That should cover all my bases.  Of course, I have to get a lightgun too, but I won't do that until I decide of I'm gonna switch to a VGA Arcade Monitor instead of the TV.  If I do, the TV will migrate to the living room for use with the XBox, Gamecube, PS2 and Dreamcast.