Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Great monitor bezel idea  (Read 2098 times)

Kilgore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2021, 10:53:34 am
  • Mmmmm, Video Games...
Great monitor bezel idea
« on: April 29, 2002, 01:58:14 am »
I was needing a monitor bezel for my cabinet and was about to go buy some posterboard and and start cutting.  Of course I new I would end up making less than straight lines so I tried to think of a better idea...

Well I ended up going to a local poster/artwork framing store (Hobby Lobby) and getting them to custom cut a mat for me.  This was quick and easy and not too expensive.  I just gave them my measurements and away they went with the automated mat cutter.

Total cost ~$9.00

There is even wide choice of colors and some textures. Though I went with the classic black.

I hope this works well for someone else.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Frobozz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2002, 03:16:45 am
  • I've been sane, but then I got better.
Re: Great monitor bezel idea
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 07:53:42 am »
Heh, damn, why didn't I think of that...  I even have a mat-cutter.  

Problem seems to be though the rotating monitor.  
I might mat the disk and glue it down, and then cut a large secondary mat with an octogon hole as the overlay and attach it to the cabinet sides over-top the disk.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »