Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Yoke panel...  (Read 2697 times)

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
Yoke panel...
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:28:34 pm »
Not quite finished, as I need to do some artwork, but you get the idea. Hope to end up with artwork similar to RoadBlasters.

The Star Wars yoke is mounted on a Road Riot 4WD angled mounting thing. I have an Atari cone switch with light which just happens to fit nicely into the start button hole of the Road Riot part - not installed yet, but it is ready and waiting and will be controlled by a PacDrive.

The yoke & shifter are interfaced with an AKI and I'm pleased to say it all worked brilliantly straight off. I replaced the yoke microswitches when I restored it, but left the pots alone - fortunately they work well. Also replaced the yoke bumpers and thumb buttons/springs some time ago.

I've had all these parts for literally years so I'm really glad to get this panel done. Also, I have restrained myself over the years from playing yoke/pot wheel games with the wrong controller...so I can finally allow myself to play Outrun etc  ;D Actually I played Star Wars with the yoke last night for the first time *ever*. I've only come across one real Star Wars machine before and it was out of order :( Now I think about it this is the first time I have used an Atari yoke...it's amazing!  :D

PS: I'm also nearing completion of an extension of my Mame build 'ShifterMame360' to include 270deg and yoke games.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 02:28:18 pm by Minwah »

Paul Olson

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2022, 09:06:31 pm
    • Paul's Arcade
Re: Yoke panel...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 02:12:17 am »
I just bought 2 road riot yokes, but they don't have the angled mount. Some of the road riot cabs had more of an upright cp. I guess I will have to get busy and just make one, this project is taking way too long. :banghead:

I still haven't had a chance to test your new build; too many projects going on. It looks like I need to start searching for a 360 wheel though. I used mine to repair my Ridge Racer. I saw them all the time when I had one sitting on the shelf, now I don't see any.

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 09:10:59 am »
I just bought 2 road riot yokes, but they don't have the angled mount. Some of the road riot cabs had more of an upright cp. I guess I will have to get busy and just make one, this project is taking way too long. :banghead:

Yeah I have been building my cabinet for 5 years, so trying to get a move on this year...

I still haven't had a chance to test your new build; too many projects going on. It looks like I need to start searching for a 360 wheel though. I used mine to repair my Ridge Racer. I saw them all the time when I had one sitting on the shelf, now I don't see any.

Not too many 360 deg wheels here in the UK at all. Sometimes they crop up but are usually not very good ones. I was very lucky to get my Pole Position mechanism and a NOS Super Sprint wheel  ;D

Paul Olson

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2022, 09:06:31 pm
    • Paul's Arcade
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 04:05:06 pm »
Sorry, I meant 270, not 360. I have a PP wheel and 2 other 360 wheels. I'm still trying to get them all to work right though.