Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: VJB - How many albums do you have?  (Read 4162 times)

ArcadeFX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2004, 11:16:56 pm
  • All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back!
    • ArcadeFX
VJB - How many albums do you have?
« on: December 28, 2002, 02:58:36 am »
I am about halfway done in my mp3/album conversion for Virtual Jukebox.  As of tonight I have 136 ablums showing. These are all full complete albums. I am wondering if anyone has run into any # of album issues?

Mameham

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2005, 01:29:36 pm
  • The Original Home Arcade Machine
    • Mameham
Re:VJB - How many albums do you have?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 09:11:57 am »
 In the early runs of VJB I had some problems with my library size but the thing was is I had a log of 1 song albums... I haven't actually organized my mp3s yet to be VJB friendly so I don't know how many I would really have...
 but I had had 220+ albums... which the program seemed to choke on...
 But, again, that was with the pre 2.0 releases... I dunno how it'd fare now... ( I think the problem was the preloading of directories which should be fixed now anyway... )

- Mameham

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 09:26:57 am »
Only at 80 right now.   Hope to get to 200 but it may take a while.  Have noticed some album display problems when I change directions when paging through the collection.  The numbers sometimes are not sequential.   Jumps a few.

BobA

ArcadeFX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2004, 11:16:56 pm
  • All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back!
    • ArcadeFX
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 10:18:52 am »
I have not noticed that problem but I have not looked for it either. I have notice an issues when reaching the end of the album list. It has a hard time moving back to the first album and sometime moves back to a completely blank page.

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 09:23:33 am
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 11:47:24 am »
I am up to 240+ albums (with cover art for ALL, mostly from amazon.com)  and have no problems.  Loading the covers takes a little while, but thats to be expected.  I figure I am almost done, and will be about 300 albums when I am done.

Fat-Johnny

Lord_Hutt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2002, 11:54:22 pm
  • They all float down here, Georgie!
    • Arcade Solutions
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2002, 11:55:59 pm »
I am up to 240+ albums (with cover art for ALL, mostly from amazon.com)  and have no problems.  Loading the covers takes a little while, but thats to be expected.  I figure I am almost done, and will be about 300 albums when I am done.

Fat-Johnny

that is about where I am also.....no problems here either.
all cd covers and working on all lyrics....

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2002, 09:31:54 am »
I am still working on the album sequence getting shifted when moving back and forth.  This ONLY occurs when the Load albums on startup is NOT checked.  The problem is when you have an odd number of albums.  I'm still trying to iron this one out....Just wanted to let everyone know that this will be fixed eventually...it's been pretty busy the last couple of days, but I'm on it!

yomero2k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2004, 02:28:49 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2003, 10:18:01 pm »
 ??? well i have 726 albums with covers and running on athlon xp 1800 1gig ram 80 gig hd loading all covers on startup, it takes about 5 minutes to load works great but still covers shifting when you slide the pages fast to one side and the other