Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox 3.0 Beta 8 Released  (Read 7091 times)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox 3.0 Beta 8 Released
« on: July 30, 2005, 10:54:53 pm »
Let's hope I got it right this time...

Beta 8 has now been released. Lots of little fixes and tweaks in this one. The main new features in this release are:

- More CD-style skins included. Try CD2-1 or CD4-3 on lower resolution displays.
- Sound events are now supported in skins. Simply add a [Sounds] section to your favorite skin and point an event to a WAV file. See the bottom of the default skin for an example.
- Added animation to page changes. The only current supported animation is Animation=SlideHorizontal; add this line to the [Titlestrips] section of your favorite skin to enable animations.
- Added ability to shut down Windows from the jukebox. If SystemShutdownEnabled=True in the [Settings] section of jukebox.ini, Windows will shut down if BTN_SHUTDOWN was pressed or if the jukebox is requested to close by Windows.

Here's the full changelog for this version:

Version 3.0 b8:
==============
- Added FontFocusColor, FocusColor, and ShadowColor to titlestrips settings in skins.  They're global for now; they'll neded to be moved into an array if genre labels are implemented.
- Added MaxQueueSize setting to adjust the number of songs that may be held in the queue (not counting the currently playing song).
- Added AllowDuplicatesInQueue setting to set whether or not duplicate songs can be added to the queue.
- Added CDHeader setting to set whether CD header appears automatically in the card or above or below the CD art.
- Added function to select all songs on a CD when track 00 is selected (only when UseZeroes is enabled) up to number of available credits.
- Added song poll to cover art procedure; should stop stuttering when changing pages on slower machines.
- Fixed CoverArtSide=Top, which wasn't working due to a doubled Top symbol
- Fixed albums not honoring SongSort setting.
- Added CD2-1.skn, CD4-2.skn, and CD4-3.skn
- Added sound events to skins and corresponding volume settings to jukebox.ini
- Added parameter checking to a number of options settings
- Added jblcd.fnt.
- Added StrictAlbum parameter to special-case common album names like "Greatest Hits".  Albums that match a StrictAlbum must be in the same folder to count as the same album.
- Added MSG_NOCREDITS, MSG_INVALID, and MSG_DUPSONG messages.
- Added ability to shut down Windows from the jukebox.
- Added SlideHorizontal page change animation.

As usual, you can pick up this version from http://webpages.charter.net/celamantia/jukebox/ .

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

GadgetGeek

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2014, 09:59:01 am
  • whatever
Re: DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox 3.0 Beta 8 Released
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 07:45:02 am »
Do I just need to copy the updated DOSCab or do I need to recopy everything?  Related, do I need to use the updated .INI or is the old one still good.  I saw where you added a few entries in the INI.

Also, what is a good recommendation for the Artcache size?  I'm running CD Skin on a 200mhz DOS box with 196meg of memory.

I made my first attempt at loading this beta last night, but it crashed out on me.  Pretty sure it was user error.  Hopefully tonite I will get more than 10 minutes to test and provide useful feedback.  Building database on WinCab (on more current machine), I'm impressed with the animations and improved CD sort order.

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 08:03:19 am »
Do I just need to copy the updated DOSCab or do I need to recopy everything?
--Chris

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 08:14:23 am »
Known bugs in this version:

- Some graphics glitches in rotated modes (actually introduced in b7);  I fixed these last night, they'll be in the next release
- CD skins look awful in rotated modes: There's really no way to create a CD skin that looks good both horizontally and vertically.  I've created a vertical CD skin that will be in the next release
- CD's that are broken into multiple parts sort in the wrong order.  I still need to fix this.
- Scrolling animation doesn't work in vertical orientations.

I'm going to release b8 as soon as these are fixed, and then tighten things up for an "official" version 3.0.  Thus, any new advanced features such as filters will go into version 4.
--Chris

GadgetGeek

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2014, 09:59:01 am
  • whatever
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 12:47:18 pm »
DOSCab under CDSkins was acting pretty funky for me still (rebooting the machine and 0 byte debug files, doing animations despite setting it to 0).  I've started from scratch with a totally fresh install (it was still loading the database when I called it quits last night).  Hopefully I'll get some time late tonite to give it a whirl.  Database loads slow because the sources are on a mapped drive.  I'll start testing under singles mode.  Assuming that works fine, I'll switch to CD-Skin mode.  For right now, I'm assuming that it is a user error in how I've got my DOS settings.  Hopefully I'll be able to provide constructive feeback later.

PileDriver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2022, 05:42:31 pm
  • I want to built my own arcade!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 05:14:08 pm »
Hi,
Since I'm trying out programs on my touch juke,
I've installed wincab. I'm running 2000 pro.
I installed and had no mouse. I got the .dll from your web site.
Now the mouse is there but it moves down (by itself) in a jerky motion.
It moves about 3/4 " per second. Kinda weird but also unusable.
This is just an FYI since its running win2000 and I know you've had problems with anything but XP with a touchscreen.
Just trying to help out.

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 11:08:29 am »
I've settled on this program for my touchscreen juke and have modified one of the skins so that all my fav buttons are touchable.  One question--is there any functionality to skip 10 pages at a time or something along those lines (like in mamewah)?  With the lower res display I went with a 2 cd/pg setup and even with a small number it does take awhile to get through.  Thanks be to whomever created the skin I so blatently plagiarized :D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 11:11:50 am by menace »
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 10:52:06 am »
Known bugs in this version:

- Some graphics glitches in rotated modes (actually introduced in b7);
--Chris

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 03:23:41 pm »
AAAARGGGHH  I updated my music folders and merged a few and now the cd skin no longer works :(  I updated the database using the default skin and ran it and encountered no errors but as soon as I use a "cd" skin it crashes to the desktop the minute the database is done loading.  I have attached my log file to see if you can see anything.  I changed the ini to look for *.jpg rather than folder.jpg to see if it would grab anything but same result in either case (both with folder.jpg and *.jpg)

edit:

went through my music folders and deleted all jpg's not titled folder.jpg and that seems to have solved the problem.  was I just not reading the ini file right?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:57:53 pm by menace »
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

Lave Laar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2022, 06:23:13 am
    • Freeware arcade related programs
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 07:16:14 am »

Did I miss any?

Any progress on the unicode-problem ?

Maybe I have overlooked something, but is it possible to make the animation scroll up/down instead of left/right, or is this what you mean by "Scrolling animation doesn't work in vertical orientations"

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 01:59:17 pm »
Any progress on the unicode-problem ?
No, and I'm not totally sure what to do about it.  Tages are coded so inconsistently regarding Unicode that anything I do with it will break something...

Maybe I have overlooked something, but is it possible to make the animation scroll up/down instead of left/right, or is this what you mean by "Scrolling animation doesn't work in vertical orientations"
That wasn't precisely what I meant, but both issues have the same root problem, so when one's fixed, the other will be, too.
--Chris

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2018, 07:46:20 pm
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 09:10:18 am »
I've just upgraded to beta8 Doscab.  Now, I'm having a problem where the wrong songs are being selected via the gui.  I'm using a mouse (arcade trackball) to move the pointer across the screen and then fire a button (BTN_GUI_SELECT) to select a song.  It works for a few songs, but then it will only select the 1st song displayed on the page (in the upper left position of the low-res skin), no matter what song I point at.  It usually occurs after I change titlestrips "pages".  Usually the 1st page of titlestrips works perfectly, but there have been a few occasions where that page didn't work, either.  *shrug*

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with my configuration?  I'm stuck.  Thanks in advance.

-minnegopher