Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Virtual Jukebox and Win98 - MSDXM.ocx error  (Read 3053 times)

ArcadeFX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2004, 11:16:56 pm
  • All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back!
    • ArcadeFX
Virtual Jukebox and Win98 - MSDXM.ocx error
« on: December 23, 2002, 11:07:09 pm »
I am getting an application error when I try to run a registered version of VJB on Win98. Anyone else have this problem?

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re:Virtual Jukebox and Win98 - MSDXM.ocx error
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2002, 12:08:21 am »
I followed all the instructions on the VJB Beta 2 thread and still had problems.   It even caused my version 1.0.87 to stop working when I did a full install of the new version.  It would crash on the opening screen.   Up until this point I had msdxm.ocx in the same directory as VJB.   This was the version that I downloaded a while ago and it worked fine until the setup ran.   I moved the downloaded copy to my windows system folder and over wrote the original msdxm.ocx.  This got everything working again.

I have a copy of the msdxm.ocx that I downloaded on my website.  I do not know exactly what the difference is.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/bakaye/msdxm.ocx

BobA
« Last Edit: December 24, 2002, 12:15:04 am by BobA »

ArcadeFX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2004, 11:16:56 pm
  • All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back!
    • ArcadeFX
Re:Virtual Jukebox and Win98 - MSDXM.ocx error
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2002, 01:52:51 am »
That is the ticket. I downloaded your copy of the ocx and put it into my system folder. All is working now.

Thanks!