Got a PCB, from the UK. Got gouged on shipping. I really didn't expect it to cost so much, seeing how cheap it is when I order stuff from Ultimarc.
My cab's wiring and monitor are not set up. Lucky for me I have a Taito style cocktail that is already wired up for "Konami classics" pinout.
I checked all wiring, to make sure nothing's wrong... plugged the board in, powered up... Nothing. Weird lines on screen, and a repeating "thucking" sound. How disappointing.
I expecting to need to adjust the power, and this is what I did, but at first power seemed to be too high. (+5.64). This worried me that I could have damaged something. But the power knob was all the way down.
After a couple times cleaning/reseating the connector, it occured to me to measure the voltage AT THE BOARD. That's right, I was measuring it right off the power supply before. Well whatta ya know. At the board it was around +4.2 volts. Too low!
I powered down, and adjust the power knob slightly several times. The garbage on screen eventually was slightly different. Finally after about the 5th adjustment of the knob, a high score table!! YES! Board works as advertised by the seller!
Played a couple rounds and promptly decided I need to find the dipswitch settings cuz this thing is on EASY (way too easy!)