Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 13" sega monitor  (Read 1460 times)

seinologist

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2017, 11:45:54 am
13" sega monitor
« on: July 10, 2005, 03:31:41 pm »
I pulled a 13" sega monitor from an astro blaster cocktail.
As long as I use the isolation transformer that was in the cocktail I should be ok running it, right?
The transformer has a 100v prong to hook it up.

Also there is a two position connector that is wired to the degaussing coil around the monitor.
Is this for power or something else?

Is there anything else I need to worry about before powering it up?

Sticker on the side of the monitor says Sega S-97460-P

thanks
unplugged

pcb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2019, 05:27:26 pm
    • MikesArcade.com
Re: 13" sega monitor
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 03:47:16 pm »
I pulled a 13" sega monitor from an astro blaster cocktail.
As long as I use the isolation transformer that was in the cocktail I should be ok running it, right? The transformer has a 100v prong to hook it up.

Nope, as long as you use the ISO transformer, you should be good to go.  Whatever you do, DON'T plug it straight in the wall.

Also there is a two position connector that is wired to the degaussing coil around the monitor.
Is this for power or something else?

It is connected to where it should be, the degaussing coil.  The only thing you need to do is supply power through the switcher, and video inputs.

Best,

- Mike -

seinologist

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2017, 11:45:54 am
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 03:04:00 am »
pcb, thanks for replying.

I powered the monitor with the isolation transformer that was in the cabinet. I clipped all wires going to the isolation transformer but the ones connected to the 100 volt and 0 volt. They led to the monitor so I figured I was good to go. I knew not to plug it directly into the wall.

The degaussing coil has an extra connector coming out of it. Searching old posts I'm getting the idea that this is for manual degaussing where I could wire up a switch. Does that sound right?

Anyways, the monitor works great and has zero burn in. Unfortunately the astro blaster was in bad shape as I really hated to do what I did to it.

thanks,
unplugged

pcb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2019, 05:27:26 pm
    • MikesArcade.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 12:12:19 am »
I've never tried to install a switch on a degaussing coil, so I can't help there.  I've seen them on a few monitors though.

Best,

- Mike -