Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Good news for Tesla Pod fans  (Read 4740 times)

Dire Radiant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2011, 03:11:36 am
  • Cor, chief!
Good news for Tesla Pod fans
« on: June 28, 2005, 03:28:21 pm »
Just came accross this at dropshipcommand.com

"MechJock.com to market Tesla@Home pods
Posted by crowfoot

Our friends at Mechjock.com have secured an exclusive deal with Virtual World to market the Tesla II pods for home use. At $2000 a pod, fans can connect and compete with other pod owners over the internet. For diehard fans, the Tesla@Home pods seem like a dream come true - a reasonably affordable one at that. Pod owners will be able to play the newest BattleTech: Firestorm game or if they own multiple pods, install additional hardware to play the classic versions of Tesla and Red Planet.

Preorders should start this summer. For more details contact podsales@mechjock.com."

For those saying "a WHAT?" This is a Tesla II Pod:

Should be fun for anyone that has two grand to spare! You have to wonder though...at that price just how many people are going to be playing online?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 03:32:14 pm by Dire Radiant »

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
Re: Good news for Tesla Pod fans
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 03:44:03 pm »
Well $2000 is a lot of money any way you look at it, but for what it is, that's probably a pretty good price.

Dire Radiant

• Offline Offline
  • Cor, chief!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 04:29:35 pm »
Oh yeah I think it's pretty reasonable myself for what you get but my point is that they're probably not going to be shifting them by the thousands so it may end up bein difficult to hook up with people to play online.

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 05:33:47 pm »
Ok, I'll tell you what. Go ahead and get one for yourself, and buy me one too. I promise to play you any time you want - day or night (as long as I'm not at work).  ;D

Dire Radiant

• Offline Offline
  • Cor, chief!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 04:20:02 am »
I'll get right on that just as soon as I stand up and pull this $4000 out of my butt ;D Actually I'd better make that 5000. I shudder to think what it costs to ship one of those things.