Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee pcb questions  (Read 1790 times)

jimmyjet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2008, 06:39:55 am
  • I'm a llama!
Golden Tee pcb questions
« on: June 26, 2005, 07:25:24 pm »
I picked up two Golden Tee '99's at the SA in Kalamazoo this weekend.  Neither was working, but now they both are.  One needed a new fuse and a cap kit.  The other had a loose connection.

Here is the question:  Can I get new roms for say GT 2000 and install them on my pcb and play other years of GT?  Or will I need to get a complete board?  What years would work in my pcb?  Also, what year added the "backspin" feature.

Thanks for the info.
jim

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Golden Tee pcb questions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 12:10:09 am »
I picked up two Golden Tee '99's at the SA in Kalamazoo this weekend.  Neither was working, but now they both are.  One needed a new fuse and a cap kit.  The other had a loose connection.

Here is the question:  Can I get new roms for say GT 2000 and install them on my pcb and play other years of GT?  Or will I need to get a complete board?  What years would work in my pcb?  Also, what year added the "backspin" feature.

Thanks for the info.
jim

I believe 97-2000 + Classic will work on your board. But it isn't just burning new roms, there is a security chip or two as well, just search for Golden Tee chipsets on ebay.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 12:59:26 am »
I suggest contacting the manufacturer (www.itsgames.com) and asking those questions. It's best to get the answers straight from the horse's mouth.

19rjs99

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2019, 08:31:31 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 09:50:04 am »
Your boards should work with '96-2000 & Classic. Please make sure you get the correct chip sets as there are 4 meg and 8 meg sets. You can check this on the ITS games site if you have the model # from your board.

"Backspin button" was added to Fore in 2001 and is a differrent board set and also uses a HDD.