Main > Lightguns

Light Gun Games without Light Gun?

(1/2) > >>

Tiger-Heli:
Pretty basic question, but I haven't seen it asked anywhere.

I am using the basic windows port of MAME 0.62 (mamew) with a PC monitor and was wondering how to play these games.

I would think the mouse would work best, but it doesn't seem to.

The crosshairs are controlled by the arrow keys.  I don't know if a PC joystick will control them or not.  I tried enabling mouse and lightgun and tried just enabling mouse and the mouse doesn't do anything.  The mouse works in games like Centipede.

Also, F1 turns the crosshairs off, but I can't find a way to turn them back on.

What are you guys using???

All help appreciated.

Silverwind:
I've tried operation wolf.. not quite the same using a keyboard. hehe.

eventually I'd like to get a pair of lightguns.. sounds so far like light-guns are hit and miss?

Xiaou2:

Some games that appear to be lightgun games actually used an analog joystick (like T2).   The mouse should work in these games tho... so maybe your configurations need to be deleted.  

Go into the cfg folder and delete them, and also the NVram, and delete it.  

Also for games that used Rapid machinegun type fire... wont work with current lightguns,  because of realtime tracking issues.   The mouse or an analog joy will work best for these.

TaskyZZ:
You need to enable the mouse in your front end.  If you use command line, then I think it is -mouse, but I am not sure...

As for the light guns.  If you are playing on a monitor, the current Act Labs gun works great.  But you can only have one of them...

BASSOFeeSH:

--- Quote from: Silverwind on December 13, 2002, 11:44:54 am ---I've tried operation wolf.. not quite the same using a keyboard. hehe.

eventually I'd like to get a pair of lightguns.. sounds so far like light-guns are hit and miss?

--- End quote ---

I think only 1 lightgun will work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version