Main > Monitor/Video Forum

GeForce4 MX420 - Need help!

(1/1)

gajaman:
I bought a new PC today for my cab (nearly there!).

Couldn't get a reasonably priced machine with the ATI card I wanted so I settled for the GeForce4 MX420.

Problem is I cant get the PC the recognise the TV.

The PC came with no lead for the TV out so I bought a cheap s-video to scart - nothing. I've tried everything I can to get the pc to see it but it wont. The only input I have to my TV is scart and the only output on the pc is s-video, I thought the most direct route would be best, but apparantly not!

nVidia's website mentions buying an s-video to composite adapter if the TV has no s-video but nothing about scart. Has anyone successfully connected this card directly through scart?

The PC runs XP (not for much longer!!) and is a P4 2ghz.

Apols for keep asking tv out related questions, but this is causing by far the most probs for me.

mattv:
Are you sure the T.V. out actualy works at all?

It might be a good idea to cart your computer around to a friend who does have an s-vid T.V. and check it out there before dropping more money on new connectors.

Also, if you haven't already installed the latest drivers for the card this would be a good time to do so.

tetsu96:
The GFX card needs to be receiving a certain signal from the TV before it will allow you to chose TV out as an option.  I had a GeForce2 which would recognise 1 of 2 TVs using the S-Video, but would work Composite with both.

I bought a scan converter anyway and it worked fine on both then...   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version