Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How can you exit a pc game in hyperspin ?  (Read 2952 times)

PTD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2014, 10:54:16 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How can you exit a pc game in hyperspin ?
« on: June 06, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »
How can you exit a pc game in hyperspin?  When the esc button is pressed, it does not exit my pc game.  I have to go to the main game menu and select exit.

Chris John Hunter

Re: How can you exit a pc game in hyperspin ?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 07:30:41 pm »

Hyperspin is just a fancy menu system that launches or runs the applications set up in it. Say MAME and other emulators. But if you run something other than Mame (Which is setup to exit with Escape for example) you need to use the program's menus to exit. Other emulators can be setup to exit in the same way as Mame but with PC games it isn't possible. Technically it would be possible but it is very difficult to impliment.

:cheers:

PTD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2014, 10:54:16 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: How can you exit a pc game in hyperspin ?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:12:52 am »
Thanks for the info.  No wonder I cannot exit from the game quickly with the esc button.  All the other emulators can do it easily.