Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LED-Wiz USB LED and Output Control Device now available. *Blinky lights*  (Read 101440 times)

Circo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 03:27:51 am
  • Still using screenshots? Try EmuMovies instead.
    • EmuMovies
Re: LED-Wiz USB LED and Output Control Device now available. *Blinky lights*
« Reply #440 on: March 23, 2006, 12:18:45 am »
After playing with it some more I don't think it has anything to do with the bloodywiz.exe app.  All that I need is a command to STOP or RESET the led-wiz.  I could ue bloodywiz to send that command and then have powermame take over until I exit the game.  Then I could start bloodywiz again to restart the attractmode in mamewah. 

Even if I could make it stop looping that would fix the problem.

Hope that makes sense.  Any ideas on how to do this?

EDIT: I realized that I was using the first version of bloodywiz.  I started playing with the newest version and I am trying that out, not much luck so far but I am getting tired.  Version 1 was absolutely perfect for what I am trying to do if I could only reset, or stop the repeat function on the LED-WIZ so that powermame can take over.  Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to do this, I would think that there was some sort off command to send to the led-wiz somehow to accomplish this even if it was with the included LED-WIZ software.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:05:03 am by circo »
My Websites

mr.Curmudgeon

• It's going to hurt your brain. A lot.
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 07:15:49 pm
  • Huzzah!

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
  • Santoro
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
  • Boycott Quarters!!!
    • ArcadeReplay!
« Reply #442 on: April 02, 2006, 08:49:08 am »
That will require a relay per LED, and I imagine that would be too complicated and expensive to be worth it if you have more than a few LEDs. If you really wanted to do it, you could though.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/relay1.htm

Edit - there may be another way with transistors, not sure - others please speak up.  I learned all this stuff for my Ham Radio License a while back but have forgotten a lot of it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 08:51:27 am by Santoro »

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #443 on: April 02, 2006, 11:41:03 am »
Ultimately, I'd like to find a Flexible RGB LED strip that runs on 5V. Just haven't found one yet. I thought I'd ask about the 12v setup, just in case.

mrC

KillerArcades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2009, 02:09:39 pm
« Reply #444 on: April 03, 2006, 12:36:28 pm »
After playing with it some more I don't think it has anything to do with the bloodywiz.exe app.  All that I need is a command to STOP or RESET the led-wiz.  I could ue bloodywiz to send that command and then have powermame take over until I exit the game.  Then I could start bloodywiz again to restart the attractmode in mamewah.

Hey, Circo, I'm just getting around to trying this all this week, but Mahuti mentioned in one of his posts back in Feb about one of his versions that he had created a "ledsoff" file:

Quote from: mahuti
I was also wondering the other day how I could shut of my buttons without shutting off the computer. I made a "ledsoff.cfg" and threw it in MAME's cfg files and I set APP2_executable to run that specific file. In the future I'll just make it a -parameter option so you don't have to add another file.

not sure if that's something that was/is included in the last version he put up or not.... *shrug* but it might be something to experiment with...?

I'm still quite the noob, so forgive me if this is useless info.

I'm looking at doing the same setup you've got right now = multiple emulators through Mamewah, powermame for mame, mahuti's app for the other emulators and for animations while in the frontend.

I've got the LEDs all in my cp and wired, just started playing with the LEDWIZ on saturday night, looks awesome, I'm going to change how I have some of my buttons paired up though, so I'll do that this week, and start playing more with the software come Saturday/Sunday and let you know where I get with the bloodywiz and powermame.

If you figure it out in the meantime, please post or PM me with your solution.
yeah, that's right.

sWampy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2010, 04:23:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #445 on: April 03, 2006, 01:42:33 pm »
Could one of these be used to cut on and off the led's on the lcdtopguns whenever a gun game is loaded?

Circo

• Offline Offline
    • EmuMovies
« Reply #446 on: April 11, 2006, 05:15:33 am »

Hey, Circo, I'm just getting around to trying this all this week, but Mahuti mentioned in one of his posts back in Feb about one of his versions that he had created a "ledsoff" file:

From what I am seeing that even with the led off file the LEDWIZ software is still repeating that command to the ledwiz, which overrides powermame.  I am wondering if maybe some kind of wrapper for the ledwiz software that could automatically close the ledwiz software when I go into mame so that powermame could retake control.  As it stands now, if I want light in other emulators using the bloodywiz.exe program, I have to exit mamewah and manually close the LEDWIZ software with the mouse.  So for the meantime I have temporarily given up on lighting the controls for other emulators. Unfortunately I am no programmer, and the free time I do have goes to the EmuMovies project.  I know that the LEDWIZ is a newer item and hopefully someone with more smarts than me will eventually come up with a solution to this.  I know alot of people strictly run mame on their cab so this may not be a priorty for awhile. 

However if anyone with the ability to help with this sort of thing wanted to make a fix for this, I could trade an EmuMovies DVD set  :)

My Websites

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2006, 09:15:13 am »
I might be able to work this out. Probably pretty simple really. I never thought about shutting down the ledwiz & restarting it, but that would solve a lot of problems. I'll get on it.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

KillerArcades

• Offline Offline
« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2006, 09:20:06 am »
Yes! The last piece to my arcade cabinet dream is about to fall into place..... and then it will be time to celebrate! :cheers:

yeah, that's right.

Circo

• Offline Offline
    • EmuMovies
« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2006, 09:45:32 am »
I might be able to work this out. Probably pretty simple really. I never thought about shutting down the ledwiz & restarting it, but that would solve a lot of problems. I'll get on it.

You are the man!!  :notworthy:
My Websites

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:20:02 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #450 on: April 11, 2006, 10:30:53 am »

I just want to note that Mahuti has a different version of the software that may account for certain things not working for others (like turning off the animations.) 

Beta .87 has just been posted for download so be sure to grab it.  Mostly just a couple of fixes, plus the addition of a different file command (currently not documented).

LINK

RandyT

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #451 on: April 11, 2006, 11:05:34 am »

What's the latest regarding the possibility of hooking (2) or more ledwiz's together? Is there still planned support in the software for multiple modules?

mrC

KillerArcades

• Offline Offline
« Reply #452 on: April 11, 2006, 04:36:58 pm »
Quote from: mr.Curmudgeon
What's the latest regarding the possibility of hooking (2) or more ledwiz's together? Is there still planned support in the software for multiple modules?

Check out the PowerMame forums. MikeQ has got things setup so that you can do multiple LEDWIZ's using his current version of PowerMame. That's going to be your best bet, from what I've read.
yeah, that's right.

Circo

• Offline Offline
    • EmuMovies
« Reply #453 on: April 12, 2006, 01:25:59 am »

Beta .87 has just been posted for download so be sure to grab it.  Mostly just a couple of fixes, plus the addition of a different file command (currently not documented).

RandyT

Aww now your just teasing me  ;D, is it safe to ask what the undocumented command is  ???

BTW, thanks for such a cool product!  I'm so close to having it all work perfectly I can almost taste it!
My Websites

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Is PowerMame the only software solution that can control more than one LEDWiz? My panel has 16 RGB LEDs and if I want full color control, I
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!