Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame Reboots on Certain Games?  (Read 4523 times)

Jay

• Trade Count: (0)
Mame Reboots on Certain Games?
« on: April 30, 2002, 11:58:34 am »
I have a 27" zenith TV currently hooked up to my PC via an Svidio connection as a dual monitor. Most games seem to work on it but some reboot my machine. Is this a refresh rate problem? The game 19xx does it for sure but works fine if i run it off just my normal 17" monitor.

Any ideas for a fix or something i could try?

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

ddebuss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2015, 07:48:10 am
  • Stuck in the 80's
Re: Mame Reboots on Certain Games?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 08:28:54 pm »
First thing I would do is check the video drivers I am using under the OS.  It clearly indicates driver / software problem for the video card.

lightspeed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2016, 07:48:35 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Re: Mame Reboots on Certain Games?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 08:06:21 am »
Agreed - Windows XP, by default, will auto-restart the machine in the event of a general protection fault (rather than show the "Blue Screen of Death" - BSOD).

You can re-enable the BSOD by right-clicking on My Computer (its under one of the tabs - uncheck the box that says something to the effect of "restart in the event of crash").

Once you get the BSOD, you should be able to see what is causing the issue.  Most likely culprit is the video drivers.   If you have an Athlon proc with a VIA chiptset, be sure to install the latest VIA 4 in 1 drivers as well as the most recent drivers for your videocard (download them of the vendor site).

I had similar problems, and this fixed it.