Software Support > DOS/WinCab

DOSCab/WinCab Progress

(1/2) > >>

Chris:
Okay, it looks awful and there's still obviously a long way to go, but I've made a major breakthrough tonight:

Sloan:
nice work chris! i'm sure we're all looking forward to the refined versions to come.  :)

Chris:
Thanks!  I know it doesn't look like much progress, but I had to build an artwork caching system for the cover art since each image has to potentially be loaded from disk, decoded (if it's a JPG), scaled, adjusted for aspect ratio, rotated, and/or flipped before going to the screen.  Without a caching system, performance would die on low-end machines (as it is, I'm already worried that P120's may not be able to use cover art).  So far, all of the rotations work as well, but I haven't tested flipping yet.  (Flipping is for the extremely rare case of being installed in a mirrored cabinet like Space Invaders.)

What is potentially interesting is that, since CD labels are just regular labels with more than 2 songs, it should be possible to switch from CD mode to "classic" mode on the fly... (although slower machines will probably get a brief stutter if the switch is made while a song is playing.)

I still need to fix the header display for each title card, and make some decent skins, but I might have a release with CD skins within a week.

--Chris

RacerX:
Nice work! 

I personally am happy with just the classic jukebox look, but with this addition, I think it's safe to say that you have the most flexible jukebox software I have ever seen.

Chris:

--- Quote from: RacerX on May 20, 2005, 03:05:59 pm ---Nice work!
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version