Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Speaker Panel and the Marquee  (Read 3755 times)

Big_Daddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2006, 03:55:03 pm
  • Beatmania and MAME!! First cab in progress...
Speaker Panel and the Marquee
« on: May 19, 2005, 01:50:22 pm »
I haven't purchased a marquee retainer yet, so I don't have all the details.  I'm about to install my speaker panel into the cabinet sides and I realized that I don't know how far the speaker panel is supposed to be from the front of the cabinet (I'm assuming it's 3/4", but is that from the top of the speaker panel?) and I'm wondering how a marquee is put together on the diagonal surface of the speaker panel.  Is there something I'm missing here?  I'd really hate to get my speaker panel mounted and then need to adjust it later on for my marquee.  Your help is greatly appreciated, as always!!
I'm making a Project Arcade cab.

slayj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2006, 02:49:56 pm
  • Anybody seen my joy...???!
Re: Speaker Panel and the Marquee
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:25:54 pm »
This might not be the best picture, but its the only one I have from when I was constructing.  Your speaker panel should be even with the top panel of the cab, roughly 3/4 inch from the front of the cab, or from the side panel.  As far as mounting the retainer to the angled edge of the speaker panel...you will be fine.
Did you know if a frog had wings it wouldnt bump its butt!!!

Big_Daddy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2006, 03:55:03 pm
  • Beatmania and MAME!! First cab in progress...
Re: Speaker Panel and the Marquee
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 09:13:47 am »
Great!  Thanks for the info and picture.  I read through the forum some more and found another picture that showed your view at another angle, confirming everything.
I'm making a Project Arcade cab.