Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-Arcade Dreamcast Adapter to JPAC hack possible ?  (Read 5000 times)

ophtho3

• Trade Count: (0)
X-Arcade Dreamcast Adapter to JPAC hack possible ?
« on: July 06, 2002, 12:27:32 am »
Anyone know if you can hack the Xarcade Dreamcast adapter to accept the input from a JPAC. It would be a much easier solution than hacking up two Dreamcast controllers to accomplish the same task and is available from Tigerdirect for $30. Below is the description. I just have no idea what this thing even does to know if this would ever work.

The X-Arcade
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

tom61

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2017, 12:46:56 am
Re: X-Arcade Dreamcast Adapter to JPAC hack possib
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 08:35:48 pm »
It took me a couple of times to figure out what you meant in your post.

I don't think that it can take the output of a J-Pac (which outputs PC keyboard signals), though you might be able to hook it up directly to the controls themselves (bypassing the J-Pac).  I don't know what the X-Arcade is like internally, so I can't say for sure.

If you're willing to settle for just one player working off the J-Pac, I do know a solution. A Device called Smart Joy 2 lets you use a PC keyboard as a joystick (which is what the J-Pac outputs) on your Dreamcast. I tested it and it does work, but you'll need to reprogram the J-Pac to what the adapter wants. (the key map is inside the package it comes in)

link to it:
http://www.baysoftgames.com/dreamtoplaya.html
(it also lets you use a playstation controller on Dreamcast)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »