Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Zophar.net dead?  (Read 4382 times)

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
Zophar.net dead?
« on: December 17, 2002, 02:03:26 am »
HI,
I have it set as my home page and over the last 2 weeks no news at all? is it dead?
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Re:Zophar.net dead?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 02:33:02 am »
I have also noticed this in the past month.  Too bad.  It's been around for a long time.  Well honestly we can get the same news he offered many other places.  I just hope that the site stays there because there are so many good links to emus and utilities there.

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 02:54:01 pm »
what other good sites do u have? arcadeathome.com aint bad

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 03:26:24 pm »
what other good sites do u have? arcadeathome.com aint bad

it's not bad if you are in love with banner ads and multiple popups... what is the point to that 00fun waving kitty ad?

*shudder*

rampy

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 07:24:07 pm »
Not to mention that Tim Erkel is one of the most !@# people in emulation... The one who brought down mame.dk single handedly and the one who thinks that bad publicity is better then none... so gets caught constantly doing ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- he shouldn't... like faking banner clicks... and such.

He also started a DNS attack on retrogames (or was the mameworld) and then wasn't smart enough how to cover his tracks... then states "oh... someone must have broken into my machine and done it" yeah right as#@ole... You openly ---smurfette--- about them both on a constant bases...

Then, lets see... He also bought www.mameworld.com and forwarded it to his domain... when he knew they were about to register it..

and lets see... the list goes on...

He almost made all frontends unusuable by mame... why?  He was breaking many of the mame license areas (multiple) and when the mame team asked him to compli, he said no... then mame started talking about rewording (much much more strict) the licensing and maybe even removing the command line references...  I can't even remember all that this caused...

Hes a shmuck plain and simple.  He has no privates and should grow up.  He likes to cause problems and doesn't care who he offends.  

As a news site, he also is usually a few days behind the others.. But this is to be expected since he is the only person who updates it...

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 07:57:00 pm »
Who is this Tim guy?  Arcade@home owner?  Sounds good to steer clear of that place.

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2002, 09:40:57 pm »
I never understood why arcade@home is so popular - the front-end sucks, first off, and the site is so annoying and maze-like it is just more trouble than it is worth.  This Tim guy sounds like a total tool if he's done all that mentioned above.
So he owns mameworld.com? he doesn't run it I assume.

isugoat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2004, 10:46:51 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2002, 10:30:25 pm »
I never understood why arcade@home is so popular - the front-end sucks, first off, and the site is so annoying and maze-like it is just more trouble than it is worth.  This Tim guy sounds like a total tool if he's done all that mentioned above.
So he owns mameworld.com? he doesn't run it I assume.

i think it got popular back when you could download all the arcade roms there...people got loyal and just keep going back now despite his current offerings (or lack thereof)

spidermonkey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2023, 04:15:59 am
  • Bombjack junkie
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2002, 10:52:22 pm »
I don't care for their forums either. They aren't very active. A couple of the most recent posts on the cabinet building forum are a couple of weeks old and are rather stale. Not all but some of the members/posters are very sarcastic. They often rip people apart if they don't like the question somebody is asking. Alot of the posts start with "Please don't flame me but I have a question"  What kind of help forum is that when you have to beg not to be torn apart before you even ask a question? :P. I post overthere every now and then but always end up coming back here where most everybody is helpfull and cool 8). I must admit I have seen some stupid questions asked but that holds true to any forum. If a person doesn't know the answer to a question that he/she is asking then it is not a stupid question. Maybe its just me but after belonging to this forum for awhile every other forum seems inferior. Afterall BYOAC is the authority on control & cabinet building and always will be.

Amen  ;)
"Sinistar has bad breath"

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2002, 11:16:45 pm »
I don't care for their forums either.
Amen me too ;).

you have a point there.The forum suck so bad.even the avaters are all funny.and the topics..ahh..tell me about it.

tons of useless threads like "what part of the world are you posting from"(MAN !..who really gives a sh!t).
Also this tim dude messed up mameplay.net right?
I only heard ???.

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2002, 12:35:40 am »
Hey,
I understand you do not like that site..I find it mixed up too but I know of no other good sites for news..can u post your favorites? i would appreciate it.

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 01:19:17 am »
www.mameworld.net

did you know?

has pretty much everything before anyone.

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2002, 03:36:07 am »
CAESAR ( http://caesar.logiqx.com/ ) is pretty good, too.  More emulation in general than mameworld.  I don't do much outside mame ATM, so don't visit CAESAR as much as mameworld, but if that's your cup of tea....
Robin
Knowledge is Power

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2002, 10:17:42 am »
http://www.retrogames.com.., I rember jim's emunews... it was on an aol webspace back in the day - that was *the* place for updated news on emulation... till he stopped =P

I also remember daves video game classics, but not a lot of people liked dave for some reason... or he stepped on some toes .. I believe...   that used to be the super active msg board before retrogames, mameworld, here, and mame.net's forums...

*shrug*  

rampy