Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: small competiton  (Read 4397 times)

mikgus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2005, 02:10:29 pm
  • I'm a llama!
small competiton
« on: November 30, 2002, 03:51:52 pm »
Time for a small competion.
Can you tell what the pictures are showing.
For bonus points list as many components as you can recognise.
Sorry but there isnt any prize this time other than glory.
correct answers and winner are announed later...

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:small competiton
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 05:23:24 pm »
you built a joystick but used a pc case...means..you built a joystick right in your computer...where i see the ipac..I WON! ::)

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2002, 07:58:42 pm »
How about the insides of ArcadeEd's AIAB ( http://www.arcadeinabox.com/ )?
Robin
Knowledge is Power

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2002, 02:53:46 am »
Thats a pretty cool idea that I haven't seen yet. Its like one step down from a bar top cab.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2002, 03:57:32 am »

This answer would be little toooooooo easy..but hey..MAYBE :P.

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2002, 04:46:17 am »

This answer would be little toooooooo easy..but hey..MAYBE :P.

But this being BYOAC, he might have built the cp/computer himself.   ;)

The Q I have is how did he take those pictures?  ???  X-10?  Empty pinball button hole in the sides?  Nice camera however it was done.
Robin
Knowledge is Power

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2002, 11:02:21 am »
there are cameras that you press a buttons and after 5 second it takes the pic.the open up the box and press that switch and after 5 second you have the pic...

not bad hah :D

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2002, 03:49:39 pm »
I think you missed the idea behind u_rebelsum's question.   If you look at the position of the IPAC in the first picture and then in the second it looks like the camera was inside the box itself. Indicating a really small camera or another opening.

Maybe one of those pen type digital cameras but dont know if they have a macro setting to focus in that close.

It does look like someone's arcade in a box but don't know if it is ArcadeEd's as I have never seen the insides on one of his.

Bob

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2002, 11:19:01 am »
ok... I'm kinda late... but anyway.....

on the first pic... I see all the plugs for the computer....
(at first I thought its the guts of a laptop.... since all the pluging points are clouded together... but then I see the BIG heatsink and tyhe BIG cpu fan, it looks too tall to be a laptop.... so, my guess is its the guts of the normal computer.... on the side of the first pic, I do see the IPAC clearly....

and on the 2nd pic, I see microswitches (which means buttons on top...) and also, I still see the IPAC at the far side.... so it definitely is some sort of those "arcade in a box" where the top is the stick and the box itself is the computer/interface.....

on the 2nd pic, you can see 2 rows of microswitches lined up.... (doesn't look like the microswitch layout for joysticks... ) so, I think its just buttons....

also, on the 2nd pic... right below the far side ipac, seems like some flat surface... might be plugged in cards... which might suggests motherboard kinda like those small compaq PCs where those cards are plugged in horizontally, (but not vertically...) and seems like part of a metal casing is blocking the view on the 2nd pic... which I think either is the housing for HD, or the housing for power supply....

actually.... come see it better... on the 1st pic... you also see a couple of microswitches close to the IAPC.... those.. from the position... seems like player start/coin buttons....

now.... if its just a PC case... the top should be even...  but right on top of the CPU/heat sink/fan.... I see some black stuffs... (maybe with screws...) which kinda looks like a joystick setup.... (a little light color part which I think its the microswitch of a joystick (laid sideways...) am I correct ??

but something seems puzzling me.... on the first pic where we see the motherboard's plugs.... I don't really see the end (edge) of the box... which means the motherboard is not exactly in a pc case.... but seems like in a bigger box.... and from the lineup, seems like the plugs of the motherboard are on the side...... so, if you'll need to plug things in.... you will need to open the box....

that's all I can see for now....  ;) ;) ;)
did I get it right ??   ;D  ;D  ;D

Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2002, 11:45:51 am »
ok... I'm kinda late... but anyway.....

on the first pic... I see all the plugs for the computer....
(at first I thought its the guts of a laptop.... since all the pluging points are clouded together... but then I see the BIG heatsink and tyhe BIG cpu fan, it looks too tall to be a laptop.... so, my guess is its the guts of the normal computer.... on the side of the first pic, I do see the IPAC clearly....

and on the 2nd pic, I see microswitches (which means buttons on top...) and also, I still see the IPAC at the far side.... so it definitely is some sort of those "arcade in a box" where the top is the stick and the box itself is the computer/interface.....

on the 2nd pic, you can see 2 rows of microswitches lined up.... (doesn't look like the microswitch layout for joysticks... ) so, I think its just buttons....

also, on the 2nd pic... right below the far side ipac, seems like some flat surface... might be plugged in cards... which might suggests motherboard kinda like those small compaq PCs where those cards are plugged in horizontally, (but not vertically...) and seems like part of a metal casing is blocking the view on the 2nd pic... which I think either is the housing for HD, or the housing for power supply....

actually.... come see it better... on the 1st pic... you also see a couple of microswitches close to the IAPC.... those.. from the position... seems like player start/coin buttons....

now.... if its just a PC case... the top should be even...  but right on top of the CPU/heat sink/fan.... I see some black stuffs... (maybe with screws...) which kinda looks like a joystick setup.... (a little light color part which I think its the microswitch of a joystick (laid sideways...) am I correct ??

but something seems puzzling me.... on the first pic where we see the motherboard's plugs.... I don't really see the end (edge) of the box... which means the motherboard is not exactly in a pc case.... but seems like in a bigger box.... and from the lineup, seems like the plugs of the motherboard are on the side...... so, if you'll need to plug things in.... you will need to open the box....

that's all I can see for now....  ;) ;) ;)
did I get it right ??   ;D  ;D  ;D

WHAT the heck :o

You wrote a book on this....you dont win anything even if you do get it right and you dat righ :P.

mikgus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2005, 02:10:29 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2002, 01:41:27 pm »
And the winner is...
its a tie betwen u_rebelscum for getting the correct answer
and hyiu for getting alot of details even i didnt se before i read your post.

here are a couple of pictures that shows more of the box

explanation and spec.
1.harddrive 80 Gb
2.microATX powersupply
3.MicroATX motherboard with Duron 1.3 Ghz and 128Mb ram
4.Ipac
5.J-stick
6.Pushbuttons from ultimarc
6.Again recevier for the mouse and keyboard (har to count thisfar :) )
7. backpanel for the contacts (Video/Audio out,power in)

to answer the questions about the camera yes its small the first picture in my previous post is taken inside the box. the second is taken trought one of the fan inlets(middle picture this post).
Check www.mustek.com for description, but of 100 pictures these five are the best.

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2002, 02:50:15 pm »
WHAT the heck

You wrote a book on this....you dont win anything even if you do get it right and you dat righ .

well.... I was bored at work this morning.... heee hee....
 ;) :P
Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2002, 03:21:42 pm »
yeah...the boredom did pay though...you won half of the contest however you win nothing(like say...win arcade in a box) :).