Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Software for organizing MP3s in Jukebox style?  (Read 3719 times)

CM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2012, 08:59:17 pm
  • The internet?!? Is that thing still around?
Software for organizing MP3s in Jukebox style?
« on: November 23, 2002, 04:17:48 pm »
I have my MP3's set up:  MyMusic/Artist/*.mp3's

but I would like to make it more robust to be:
MyMusic/Artist/Album/*.mp3's  
so it will work better with some of the great jukebox software getting listed here.

Anyone know of software that can "automagically" bounce the information I have off a CDDB type database to create all the album directories for the given artists.  I REALLY want to avoid doing this manually.  

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Re:Software for organizing MP3s in Jukebox style?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 02:04:18 pm »
I don't think thats possible. Your music would have to be named exactly as it is named in the database for it to work. You would spend as much time editing your names as it would take to do what you want. Your going to have to bite the bullet and do it manually.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 11:55:08 am »
What you need is a MP3 tagging program like Dr. Tag it can automatically rename your MP3 files how you like.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 07:54:24 am »
How does the mp3 program know what to name the files? Especially if they are poorly named, and not properly tagged in the first place?
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 09:27:30 am »
What state are your MP3 files in CM?
Are your files tagged with the album name?
If they are tagged with the album name then Dr. Tag can help you out.
If not but your files are at least named correctly e.g. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit then I would use MusicMatch Jukebox Jukebox and use the lookup tag feature to tag your files properly then use Dr. Tag to restructure your directory to include albums.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 12:14:16 pm »
FWIW, WinCab Jukebox will work with the setup you have now, since it displays songs as an-old-style 45RPM jukebox rather than an album-based jukebox.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Ted_Striker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2016, 01:28:42 pm
  • Insert Witty Comment Here!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 11:24:12 pm »
Also do a search for a program called Tag and Rename.  I used it to organize all my mp3's.  It will generate id3 tags from the title.  So it is possible to do all those tags automatically if your mp3's have good file names.  It will also allow id3 editing if any of the fields it generates aren't to your liking...  I've used Dr. Tag too.. I like that one as well... Dr Tag was more automated than Tag and Rename.. but Tag and Rename did a more accurate tag generation IMO.