Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GunCon2 driver here!!! (Bacon is tasty)  (Read 188297 times)

sofakng

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 04:19:21 pm
Re: GunCon2 driver here!!! (Bacon is tasty)
« Reply #680 on: February 27, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »
I'm curious about the GunCon2's as well...

I've purchased the AimTrak's but I'm not too happy and since I have a CRT TV in the cabinet I'm hoping to try Act Labs guns, or the GunCon2's ...

Finish him!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2015, 02:17:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: GunCon2 driver here!!! (Bacon is tasty)
« Reply #681 on: December 18, 2014, 09:17:49 am »
Hello All
I got a question regarding the original Guncon 2 of Namco, the NPC-106 or better known as the Lightgun with the Infamous Rolling X Problem. Since the only two Guncons 2 i got are the ones that got that Rolling X problem i've been only able to use Acorn's Wingun Driver.

Now i have done as much research as i possibly can do in about 2 months about this subject, and to my knowledge, the Rolling X problem won't show up if you got a special 100Hz tv, an older style guncon2 that hasn't got a progressive mode or an arcade monitor.

Now regarding that last statement i got a question, How are Arcade Monitors, the only monitors that possibly won't show that rolling X problem? On acorn his site , trough the way back machine, there isn't any info why Arcade Monitors are the only monitors that can and Smog his site isn't even accesable trough that site.

Now i may have got a Trisync screen, but to my knowledge, as long as i don't use the Trisync utility for the Arcadevga, the screen actually is an arcade screen? or am i wrong about this statement?

Now my Specs are:
Wells Gardner DG 9400
ArcadeVGA 3000
AMD FX-4100
Asus M5A78L USB3
4 GB RAM
Windows XP x86
(The Required Circuit to get the Guns working trough a VGA Connection)

any help regarding this subject is greatly appreaciated!