Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Sharware Arcade Influence  (Read 2016 times)

Dink

• Trade Count: (0)

Dave_K.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
Re:New Sharware Arcade Influence
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 02:55:42 am »
Dink thanks for posting those.  I tried running the robotron type one and it seems to not like my laptop video card all that much (everything is lime green).  Weird...when I hit escape to pause the game, suddenly the colors look perfect...but resuming the game and it goes back to lime green.  Problably only tested on Geforce type cards.  It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Damn I remember the days when shareware was your ticket to rakeing in the dough as a fledgeling young programmer.   Well at least that was the dream.... "Write it and they will come".  

I think everyone on BYOAC should check these out.  Kinda like supporting the local music scene.  We need more fresh minds out there creating games and sticking it to d'man (at console headquarters!)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re:New Sharware Arcade Influence
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 04:36:49 pm »
What we need to do is convince these programmers to make all of the inputs redefinable, and not to use the keyboard for inputting high score names. That way we can put them in our cabinets... :)

One of the most popular games in my cab is Happyland, by Free Lunch Design...

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com