Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wanted: Cocktail Table (Pref. Non working/empty) San Antonio/Austin Texas Area.  (Read 2608 times)

SuperHeroSmurf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 23, 2002, 01:58:36 am
  • "I'm Batman" in a smurf's body.
Wanted cocktail table to be turned into a MAME machine. Ideally looking for a galaga/ms. pac man style table. But am getting desperate for anything. Again looking in the San Antonio/Austin Texas Area.

SuperHeroSmurf

• Offline Offline
Actually if anyone knows of any places in that area where used arcade games and cabinets can be obtained that would be helpful.

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
Look in the yellow pages under "amusement devices" or something similar. Or actually go to the local arcades. Around this time of year they start selling off their machines to make way for newer ones. They dont' like moving stuff around during the spring and fall cuz that's when they make their money. But the same people that turned you down before may actually sell now.

ItzMR2u

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2017, 03:14:32 pm
  • This is my other car!
Check these guys out for a brand new precut, build it yourself cocktails in the ms. pac-man/galaga style or they have prebuilts for sale at what seem to be decent prices.
http://www.arcadedepot.com/

SuperHeroSmurf

• Offline Offline
Yeah I'm hitting the "Amusement" listings day by day this week. Was hoping somebody knew of something.  Mostly only found new cabinets. These old cocktails are becoming hard to find.
    Checked out those pre-made and cabinet kits, I think they are outrageously priced unless you are specifically looking to recreate a ms. pac man table. Even then that takes out half of the fun of restoring the old. Well here is to my hunting, I'll let ya'll know what i come up with.

sups1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 23, 2002, 10:57:38 am
  • I'm a llama!
I've got a Warlords cocktail cabinet in decent shape. Apparently one of the RAM chips on the motherboard is busted. Live in Austin.

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
I myself would be a bit interested in that cocktail cabinet, but how much do you want for it? I'm trying to build a Christmas gift for my brother.

What do the control panels look like? What condition is the monitor in? (etc etc etc)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2002, 04:06:30 pm by AlanS17 »

sups1

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
The cabinet itself is in good condition. The legs are missing the endcaps, but there is no rust on it. If I remember correctly, the overlay was a little scraped up, but mostly still intact. The monitor works, but the last time I fired it up was two or three years ago, and it only got to the self-check screen before it croaked.

If it's in the condition I think it is, I think $40 is fair.

SuperHeroSmurf

• Offline Offline
Definately intrested. Would it be possible to see some pictures? Let me know. Thanks

sups1

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
Sure, although I won't be able to get to it until after the Thanksgiving holiday. Need to borrow a digital camera.

SuperHeroSmurf

• Offline Offline
Okay well let me know. If it is too much trouble for pictures I can arrange a trip up there sometime to take a look at it. But as I said before i'm definately intrested. Thanks.

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
$200 seems like a fair price for one of those cocktail table kits. Its got to be a $100 or more worth of materials if you did it yourself.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

SuperHeroSmurf

• Offline Offline
Hey sups, drop me a line here and let me know if you're still intrested in selling that table. Then maybe we can arrange a purchase on that. Peace Out.