Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Gameroom Advice Sought  (Read 2151 times)

geomartin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2017, 08:55:24 am
New Gameroom Advice Sought
« on: March 26, 2005, 09:57:58 pm »
Just two weeks from moving into my new house.  Because I was smart enough to give into some of my wife's wishes, i.e. swimming pool, neighborhood, and such, I will be able to add a small gameroom to the house just behind the garage.  It will be an "L" shaped room, one leg 6'X15", second leg 12"X15".  It will have five arcade games, two pinballs, and a big screen/love seat set up in the small leg for console gaming.  I want to add a sub-panel to the electrical box and would like some recommendations for the amperage.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Geo
Please!  Give me the good news first!

Crazy Cooter

• Senator Cooter was heard today telling the entire congressional body to STFU...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 03:40:45 pm
Re: New Gameroom Advice Sought
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 12:05:07 am »
Run a 20 to each piece of the "L".  One for the TV/stereo etc, one for the games.  That way you can tap into it for the garage if needed.  If it has a shared wall, you can probably spilt it on both sides.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 12:39:32 am »
12x15 will hold a lot more than 5 uprights and 2 pins, more like 10 uprights and 2 pins.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

geomartin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 11:03:08 am »
I know it will hold more.  I'm going to have a couple of bar tables with seating and I would like to find a jukebox.  I want to get the room built, start with the games I have, then add until it looks full, but not overcrowded.  I would also like to be able to have a little space between cabinets to show off the side art. 

Thanks,
Geo

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 01:38:24 pm »
Hee hee, space between them to show off the sideart, your still in THAT phase.  ;D
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

geomartin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 02:06:54 pm »
Actually going back to that phase.  I've been downsizing my collection and keeping my most interesting pieces.  I'm just going for a more open look.  I've noticed that most people aren't as into the arcade thing, so I've decided to add other things to the room to keep it interesting.  I get bored in my arcade all alone...funny I didn't think I would.  I would like opinions on lighting as well.  I'm thinking of LED for the low power consumption as well as colorfull effect.  Any recommendations there?

Thanks,
Geo

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 02:18:16 pm »
Oh, that is more where I am now, at one point I had 20 games in my apartment, I have slowly been getting rid of everything besides the "OH MY GOD" items. I play more games now that I only have 7 machines in the apartment than when I had 20.

Buy a Candy Neo Geo, you will be happy with it. I have Time Pilot '84 running in mine right now.

geomartin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 10:32:52 pm »
I have wanted one of those Candy cabs...err...machines for some time now.  I could easily slip down to L.A. one weekend and get one.  Probably will when I complete the new room.

Geo

LPZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2015, 01:55:21 pm
  • 2nd place is the first loser!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 11:26:20 pm »
Electrically, plan ahead, more is better.  More single circuits, the better.  Do the math and see what draw will be where.  Don't plan on what you have, plan ahead on what you WILL have in the future.  More double outlets, the better.  You don't want to have 20 machines in the year 2007, and only the ability to have only 10 machines running. 
Dual 50 Caliber Continuous Fire Leon Type Machine Guns......OH YEAH!!!!!