Software Support > DOS/WinCab

DOSCab: Sound card compatibility list

<< < (4/5) > >>

pcmode:
I have compiled a list of sound cards for DOSCAB.

ISA WORKING
CT2960
CT4170
CT4180
CT4380
CT4500
CT4520

ISA NOT WORKING
CT1600
CT2900

PCI NOT WORKING MAY BE DRIVER VERSION
ES1370
ES1371
CT4370

VIDEO CARDS NOT ALWAYS SHOWING VIDEO
SIS6326

VIDEO CARDS WORKING GREAT
NVIDIA TNT2
NVIDIA CHIPSET IN GENERAL WITH 32-256MB MEMORY
ATI 9200-9800 CHIPSET.

It took a while to compile this list but i found that most computer recyclers had the most ISA and first edition PCI Sound Blaster sound cards for a $1 a piece and were more than happy to part with them, as they melt them down to extract the gold.

Hope this helps you all...

Chris:
Thank you for this wonderful information!  I really appreciate your help!

--Chris

Wengier:

--- Quote ---Unfortunately, most later Creative Labs cards like the SoundBlaster PCI 128, SoundBlaster Live, etc. don't fit the bill, as they use a software emulator for SB DOS compatibility.

--- End quote ---

Actually, the SB PCI 128 and SB Live! cards *CAN WORK PERFECTLY* with DOSCab, but NOT if CWSDPMI is used as the DPMI server. The problem occurs only if Allegro and CWSDPMI are used at the same time with the SB PCI/Live! DOS driver (i.e. SBINIT/SBEINIT). Either replacing CWSDPMI by HDPMI32 (BTW: you need set HDPMI=512 for SB PCI), OR re-stubbing DOSCAB.EXE by the WDOS/X one using STUBIT.EXE, then the sound issue will be completely gone. I have both of these cards (SB PCI 128 and SB Live!), and DOSCab works fine with both of them after replacing CWSDPMI. This applies to similar programs (including the Allgero setup program) as well.

Chris:
WOW!! This is INCREDIBLE information!  I hadn't heard of HDPMI32.. is it part of the Creative Labs package?  If not, where can it be found?

Thank you so much for this!!!!

--Chris

Wengier:

--- Quote from: Chris on April 19, 2006, 10:07:52 pm ---WOW!! This is INCREDIBLE information!  I hadn't heard of HDPMI32.. is it part of the Creative Labs package?  If not, where can it be found?

Thank you so much for this!!!!

--Chris

--- End quote ---

HDPMI16/32 is also an open-source 16/32-bit DPMI server, which is included in HXRT for the HX DOS Extender. More information for it and downloads are available from:

http://www.japheth.de/HX.html
http://www.japheth.de/dwnload4.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version