Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I have a question  (Read 2137 times)

frankyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2005, 11:28:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I have a question
« on: March 20, 2005, 06:05:49 pm »
Hi, guys I'm new to this site and had a question to ask not really sure where to put this but if this in the wrong spot I'm sorry. I have a killer instinct 2 arcade and want to add more games to the arcade wanted know if this can be done like some classics or street fighter. ???

tommy

Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 06:57:01 am »
KI is a jamma game , so yes you could take any jamma pcb and plug it right in there, as long its not a track ball game or something that uses controles different from what you have there , a jamma track ball game would work but you dont have a track ball on K I
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 07:16:38 am by tommy »

frankyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2005, 11:28:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:47:35 am »
did not know that But I wanted to know if I could add like a computer with the games all ready install in it so I can play it off my monitor from KI2 with out messing it up and still be able to play KI2 do you know.what do you mean by mame ?

tommy

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 09:59:57 am »
Thats what mame is , it emulates arcade games on your computer and then you could install the computer in your arcade cab, mame can emulate KI2 so you wouldnt need to have the pcb , but its along proces to hookup mame and you would need the avga video card in your computer to get it to run on your arcade monitor. You should look up in the search option on the top of the screen on how to install certain components, if you have any other general questions i would be glad to help out more but i cant get into all the aspects of mame.