Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WTB - Pac Man board  (Read 854 times)

2PacMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2009, 08:33:45 am
  • PacMan collection
WTB - Pac Man board
« on: March 15, 2005, 09:27:50 am »
Anyone have a board for the original pac man?  I've found a place that has an original Pacman cab and everything, but someone stuck a Ms. Pacman board in there.  I'm assuming i can just replace the one board and it will work fine?

Or, if anyone has a multipac board for sale, i'd take that too.

wfg97079

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2023, 10:11:50 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: WTB - Pac Man board
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 09:40:04 am »
Hi
If you have a working original ms pac board DO NOT buy a pac board, they are the same board :)
you should buy that 96-in-1 kit I mentioned that would let you play all the games.

Ms Pac was just an upgrade to already existing pac board basically, you can easily convert it back to a pac board by buying roms, hell I could probably convert it for it , but the kit is awesome and would give you the option of playing many variations.

MonitorGuru

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2005, 11:29:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 10:37:08 am »
I believe I have a fully tested, working, ORIGINAL MIDWAY Pac-Man board (with the fast pac mod--one that I could replace with the original speed).  I need to double check to ensure I havn't already sold it and forgot though.

$190 including UPS ground insured, trackable shipping with signature required delivery to any of the 48 continental states in the U.S.

I also have a Pac-Man Plus board available for $180 shipped with the same terms as above. (This is the one with disappearing ghosts, pop cans and grape fruit, maze disappears, etc..  the followup to Pac-man. Same Pac-Man board but with a daughter card (blob) and new game and graphic and color PROMs.

But the other poster is correct. So long as they didn't put in a pirated/bootleg Ms.Pac board or done horrible hacks on the board to run Ms.Pac illegally, then you don't need a new board. HOWEVER you do need to replace 6 chips on the board to play pac-man, and remove the daughter card and move the CPU back to the main board.

I can post info if you need it. However a complete picture of your board would be needed before I could provide any help.

GameDork

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2011, 07:56:45 pm
  • I installed a DDR Pad on Tom Cruise!!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 01:52:34 pm »
Hi
If you have a working original ms pac board DO NOT buy a pac board, they are the same board :)
you should buy that 96-in-1 kit I mentioned that would let you play all the games.

Ms Pac was just an upgrade to already existing pac board basically, you can easily convert it back to a pac board by buying roms, hell I could probably convert it for it , but the kit is awesome and would give you the option of playing many variations.

What he said,

I have a Pac Man that come with a non working board. I found a guy on eBay called, phingston, that traded my board for a working one for around $70 I think. when two bits wanted $250 to repair my old one!!
Donkey Kong Hi Scores:

1) 169,600
2) 164,300
3) 134,000
4)116,800
5) LOL!

redcoats

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2015, 04:04:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 02:02:05 pm »
Hi

Is there a site that I could go to that has the 96 games so i could see what they are?

MonitorGuru

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2005, 11:29:43 pm
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 02:35:25 pm »
The 96-in-1 is not legal to own (it violates Namco's copyrights) but here is the site turned up by google:
http://home.everestkc.net/mdoyle/multipac.htm

redcoats

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2015, 04:04:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:44:06 pm »
The 96-in-1 is not legal to own (it violates Namco's copyrights) but here is the site turned up by google:
http://home.everestkc.net/mdoyle/multipac.htm
Thanks for the heads up