Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: First Annual Ohio Pinball and Gameroom Show (with auction)  (Read 2800 times)

sirwoogie

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 10:16:38 pm
  • It's Hollyfeld in a Winnebago!
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
First Annual Ohio Pinball and Gameroom Show (with auction)
« on: March 06, 2005, 03:12:07 pm »
Well, I'm back from the Ohio show. Kevin Steele from Retroblast and I hooked up at the show to see all its wares. It was nice to have a lot of machines to get full free play on. Not having been to many of these, I was surprised at the level of "distortion" many of the sellers did with regards to their games. Many of the pinball machines were labeled "better than new" (whatever the hell that means) while clearly not deserving of that title. Hell, I saw games labled this way with duct tape for chrome ramps, and actual marker pen filling in colors of the playfields. Shesh!

I'm sure many of you hardcore veterans can speak volumes to these shows and the war stories you have. The two MAME cabs that sold at this auction went ridiculously higher than I would have ever though. One was in a candy cab that I can't identify, and the other was a quasi-MAME that had a star wars yoke on it. It could play both wars and empire on it.

See Kevin's pictures of the event here. Yes, I am the "Jason" in that picture. Kevin was experiencing some major mojo loss as I spanked him Sally on every game we played. I even whipped him at a game he owns (I own none). Needless to say, the pinball wizards were with me that day. ;)

Find attached some other pics of the show.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 03:14:15 pm by sirwoogie »