Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rocky Horror Show  (Read 2473 times)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Rocky Horror Show
« on: October 28, 2002, 03:50:56 pm »
If any of you are within driving distance of Augusta, GA and want to see a fellow BYOACer make a fool of himself, I'm in a local production of the Rocky Horror Show!

The show will run this Thursday (Halloween) through Saturday and again the following Thursday through Saturday.  This is not a shadow cast acting in front of the movie; this is the original full-blown musical play which came before the movie.

Here is the press release:

THE AUGUSTA THEATRE COMPANY, INC.

Richard O'Brian's - THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW
October 25 - November 9

Directed by James Worth
Musical Director - Mark Swanson
Choreography - Antonio Scales

It is a dark and stormy night, and our hero, the super-square Brad Majors, has just proposed to his girlfriend, the amazingly virginal Janet Weiss. When their car breaks down, they knock at the door of a brooding mansion, only to be met by a cast of characters out of a 1950's horror movie. The Rocky Horror show (by Richard O'Brien) is a rock-flavored musical of love, lust, manipulation, seduction, submission, domination, creation, satisfaction and biological
advancement; and . . . the world's most powerful (and sweetest) transvestite, Frank 'N' Furter. What happens next will change your lives - and libidos - forever.

Show Dates and Times

Week Two
Thurs. Oct. 31, 12:00 Midnight Halloween Bash, food, fun, and prize for best costume $25.00
Fri. Nov. 1, 7:30 PM Sat. Nov. 2, 8:00 PM Sat. Nov. 2, 12:00 Midnight

Week Three
Thurs. Nov. 7, 7:30 PM Fri. Nov. 8, 7:30 PM Sat.  Nov. 9, 8:00 PM
Sat. Nov. 9, 12:00 Midnight

Ticket prices
Adults $20, Senior Citizens and Students $12.00, Halloween Bash $25.00.

How to Book tickets
Box Office (706) 481 9040 or online www.augustatheatre.com (secure e-commerce ticket website)

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Dink

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Rocky Horror Show
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 05:10:33 pm »
Can I throw rice and toast? :) ;)

Uh, I'm kinda afraid to ask, but who are you playing? :)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 05:27:00 pm »
Can I throw rice and toast? :) ;)
You may throw rice, although confetti is preferred, as rice can present a hazard to actors in high heels.  In the play, there is no dinner scene, and thus no toast.  Throwing hot dogs is frowned upon.

In the last midnight show, I did see Scott toilet paper rolls and playing cards thrown; squirt guns were out in force as well.
Uh, I'm kinda afraid to ask, but who are you playing? :)
I'm just a Phantom... in the movie, that would be a Translyvanian.

Oh, and here's our Frank, Brad and Janet....

« Last Edit: October 28, 2002, 05:27:52 pm by Chris »
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Dink

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2002, 01:53:05 pm »
It funny to see the new employees at the local theater after the midnight Halloween Rocky Horror showing here....  The 17 year olds don't quite get 30 year olds throwing toast and hot dogs, and why are you bringing newspaper in here? lol  ;D