Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Emulation websites?  (Read 1996 times)

mrhowell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2024, 09:57:50 pm
Emulation websites?
« on: October 28, 2002, 05:00:04 pm »
Just wondering what websites everyone looks at on a regular basis.  BYOAC,  vintage gaming, basement arcade, mameworld, mame, CPS-2 shock, AJ's Vpinmame, Bob Roberts, and Ebay coin operated are the ones I check often.  I'm not looking for ROMS, just more news on emulation (arcade and console), home built cabinets, and more info on controller hacking.  This hobby is addicting.  Also,  can someone recommend a good all-in-one (built in video, sound) motherboard for cocktail projects.  
What is that pappy?

eightbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Re:Emulation websites?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 09:53:22 pm »
Can you post links to those sites? I've seen most of them but have never heard of a couple of them.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

Brad Lee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2005, 11:39:04 am
Re:Emulation websites?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 08:09:40 am »
For an all in one board that appears ideally suited for a smaller cab, ie cocktail, check out http://www.mini-itx.com.

The boards are only about 7" square, and everything is builtin: processor, 5.1sound, video, s-video, tv-out, 4 usb, 2 serial, plus ps2 for keyboard/mouse, and a PCI slot if you want to up the video or sound. RIght now they come in 533mhz and 800mhz, but theres a beefed up multimedia version coming in november(epia-M) that should be around 1ghz with more powerful grpahics. All you really need to add is memory(DDR) and a harddrive and you're ready for a cabinet.

Prices for the current models are right about 100-125

Ive read fairly good reviews about running mame, easily handling any of the older games and most of the new ones until you get into some of the new fighters, but those can choke a lot of systems

I plan on picking up one of the new ones when they're out. If mame doesn't work out theres always that mp3/media box project it can be put into

mrhowell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2024, 09:57:50 pm
What is that pappy?