Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Scratch in cocktail glasstop  (Read 1887 times)

creatine28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2012, 03:41:48 pm
  • Which way to the Arcade?
Scratch in cocktail glasstop
« on: May 14, 2002, 12:57:31 pm »
Does anybody know of any good way to remove some scratchs from a glass cocktail top?  I've heard toothpaste, jewelers rouge and Novus.  Anybody had any luck with any of these?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Johnny_the_MAMEr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Never
  • Visit 3-D MAME by using the link below.
    • 3-D MAME
Re: Scratch in cocktail glasstop
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2002, 01:26:03 pm »
I recently saw this same topic on one of the boards and the bottom line seemed to be buy a new top.  A glass repair guy said something about stressing the glass and it could break during the polishing.  There was also something about it not working very good and the cost of buying stuff to do it was close to buying new glass. I also have a scratched top on a cocktail but I haven't tried to replace it yet so I don't know how much it would cost.  
Johnny the MAME'r

creatine28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2012, 03:41:48 pm
  • Which way to the Arcade?
Re: Scratch in cocktail glasstop
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2002, 02:37:29 pm »
Well, I guess mine isn't too bad.  I just have a couple scratches in the top right corner of the screen area.  I just tested toothpaste (regular and whitening) and had no luck.  Oh well, I just would like to have everything perfect, I've been building this cabinet for a few months now!    I only paid around $60 for the top from e-bay, so I guess it could be worse, I could have paid $100 like they're going for.

Thanks for the message!