Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Filters for DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox  (Read 6019 times)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Filters for DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:05:37 am »
I'm working on the filter mechanisms for DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox, and I'd ike to get your opinion.

Let's say you selected Elton John, then 1970's, then 1980's.  What would you expect to see on the screen?

a)  Only songs from the 1980's (each selection overrides the previous selections)
b)  Only songs from the 1980's by Elton John (one filter for each category)
c)  Only songs from the 1970's and 1980's by Elton John (Multiple selections within a category are cumulative)
d) All songs by Elton John and all songs from the 1970's and all songs from the 1980's (all filters are cumulative)

Right now I'm leaning toward option C, but I wanted to get some other opinions first.

--Chris

--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

chipsdad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2014, 12:03:09 pm
  • Chip and Dale
Re: Filters for DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 12:49:21 pm »
C
I love Windows ME.  Blue is my favorite color.

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 09:09:13 am »
C again....

But it would be good to have the "active" filters displyed on screen. With maybe a back / clear button etc....

Hmmm - may have to start worrying about all my mp3's lacking anything apart from artist - title tag info.....  ;)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 09:30:56 am »
C again....

But it would be good to have the "active" filters displyed on screen. With maybe a back / clear button etc....
The system sends a "Filter" message to the skin, so the skin can change an icon to indicate that a filter is applied (just as the default skin does when credits are inserted), but as far as displaying which filters are applied will have to wait until custom displays are available in a later version.  A button to clear the filters will be available but optional, as that option will be available from the filter popup as well.

I was tinkering in the skin setup last night and I also created a "titlestrip grid", so rather than specify every single titlestrip, you just specify the starting location, number of rows, number of columns, space between rows and columns, and the order in which you want the strips read.  You can have multiple groups of grids, or still specify individual strips.  This should make skin development much easier: use the blank background, throw up a grid, take a screenshot, and then design your background art against that.

Hmmm - may have to start worrying about all my mp3's lacking anything apart from artist - title tag info.....
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

sWampy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2010, 04:23:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 09:32:42 am »
C or Nothing, since there can be no song from both the 80's and 70's.

garyh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2011, 02:30:17 am
  • If God rides a Harley then the devil rides an LC.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 03:43:39 pm »
C

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods