Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: NEED HELP HACKING  DC CONTROLLER  (Read 1897 times)

superbadd99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Never
  • MMmmmmm, Chocolate!!
NEED HELP HACKING  DC CONTROLLER
« on: May 14, 2002, 11:55:58 pm »
I need simple wiring instructions to wire a dcast controller to my joystick. I am TRYING to use the instructions from this site: http://home.cfl.rr.com/expression/joystick-dc.html
i got all the wiring done i thought. all buttons worked but the left went right, right went left and when i pushed up it went up one character and went right back down. I hope someone out there can enlighten me as to what to do exactly. i have a tournament coming up in June and i need to have it done before the first of that month.
                                                      thnx in advance
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

toilet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2005, 11:53:45 am
    • Briefcase Emulator
Re: NEED HELP HACKING
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 04:52:11 am »
When you wired it to the stick, did you reverse the connections between the contacts and the microswitches? It sounds like you didn't.

If you watch the bottom of your stick, when you push up it registers with the lower microswitch. The same goes for when you push right, the actuator pushes on the left microswitch. Up on dpad -> Lower microswitch, Left on dpad -> Right Microswitch. Just take a look at it, you'll see.

bowmand1

• Offline Offline
  • need help with a console controller hack? write me
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 06:18:22 am »
one other note...  what brand of controller did you hack?  I tried to hack an "innovation" something or other, and it just acted TOTALLY weird...  at first, it just ghosted strokes, like you were describing, back and forth (although you DO have to reverse pads when you're attaching an arcade stick, like the last post said)... and it degenerated into intermittently telling the DC that it wasn't plugged in.  Bad news.  

MadCatz Dreampads are the ONLY pad worth hacking...  peace.  --dave_b
"you put our TV into WHAT?!"  --Rachel, my fiance, who doesn't even live with me...  (OUR TV? sheesh)

superbadd99

• Offline Offline
  • MMmmmmm, Chocolate!!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 01:38:29 pm »
well i did hook up the left wire to the microswitch that was pushed when i actually pushed left(which was the right one). and same thing for the up and down. but i dont think it really mattered because the way the instructions i followed said to hook up and down to the wire coming from the contact up/down. same with left and right. he said that the multi-grounding would make it all work.
i was using a nyko dreampad.

any good help that can help me use a madcatz???