Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "Propagannon" confirmed : Fake reporter in WH press conferences.  (Read 19104 times)

fredster

• Grand Prophet of Arcadeology
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2019, 04:28:53 pm
  • It's all good!
Re: "Propagannon" confirmed : Fake reporter in WH press conferences.
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2005, 11:53:17 pm »
Cooter,

I have no doubt about we killed a lot of MILITARY in Iraq, not "civilians".
King of the Flying Monkeys from the Dark Side

mr.Curmudgeon

• It's going to hurt your brain. A lot.
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 07:15:49 pm
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2005, 01:38:30 am »
It's not the same as a fabricated "journalist" being used to spread blatant propaganda coming from within the administration itself.
You don't know that. You hope that. You wish it were true, past that, nothing. You reason it to be real, so it is.

I hadn't "reasoned" any untruth to be real. "Gannon" was found out. There is always the possibility that there may be other's, even liberal "plants". But until they are discovered, I'll save the conjecture for you guys.

I see a lot of critisim of the past, but no answers from the left for the future.. Everytime I ask a question in these threads about what should we do next It's - "well if bush hadn't have done this or that"

BULL. SH!T. Many people on this side of the aisle, including myself, have offered NUMEROUS suggestions/plans/idioms/theories/strategies/ideas that in NO WAY involve bashing Bush, and/or wallowing in the past. If you haven't heard them, then you're not listening. Furthermore, some debates may very well involve elements of the past, and may include criticism (which unbeknownst to Conservatives and Right-wingers, is not "bashing") of Bush's decisions, because that cannot always be avoided, since he *is* the president and his past decision's *do* effect the present and future of a given situation.

Conservatives are cowards
You don't know many do you? If you did, you wouldn't be saying that. Come down here to the south and say something like that.

Isn't the very definition of Conservatism, "preferring gradual development to abrupt change", ie: fearful of modernity and progress?  Well, the 21st century says.............."BOO!"

No Answer - Said the man who supports a president that has given the least amount of press conferences (answering to the public) in the history of the presidency.
No Plan - Said the man who supports a president w/ no post-war plan in Iraq.
No Vision - Said the man who supports a president, so blinded by corporate greed, he'd seek to dismantle/privitize (even against the wishes of a majority of his own party) one of the largest and most important social assistance programs in our nations history.

save one. "Bush is bad" and rant rant rant.

When a man is bad, that's all he gives you to work with, so don't shoot the messenger. I'm not going to praise him for the sake of it. He has to do something right first. When did you Bush supporters become so joined at the hip w/ the Boy-King that any criticism of him is a personal insult to you? The next four years are going to suck as bad for you as it is for us "Bush-bashers"...get over it now, he ain't gettin' any smarter.

"Dr.C"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 04:04:22 pm by mr.Curmudgeon »

fredster

• Offline Offline
  • It's all good!
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2005, 08:47:04 am »
Do I see a man on the street with a sign that says "THE WORLD IS ENDING TODAY" on it?

NUMEROUS suggestions/plans/idioms/theories/strategies/ideas that in NO WAY involve bashing Bush
Right. Sure. 
Said the man who supports a president, so blinded by corporate greed, he'd seek to dismantle/privitize (even against the wishes of a majority of his own party) one of the largest and most important social assistance programs in our nations history.
Last I heard, the President hasn't even presented his plan. How can you tear apart a plan that you haven't seen? What are the ACTUAL details of his plan? You don't know, unless you work for him now do you?  That kinda REEKS of "bush bashing" to me.
Isn't the very definition of Conservatism, "preferring gradual development to abrupt change", ie: fearful of modernity and progress?  Well, the 21st century says.............."BOO!"
  By that definition, I'd say Bush is a liberal.  He wants to abruptly change the world and abruptly change the tax system and abruptly change the social security system. He's one of you!!!!
When a man is bad, that's all he gives you to work with, so don't shoot the messenger.
"The man is BAD" again you aren't working off a fact sheet, you are working off the premise that he's bad.  It's a logical fallacy to say that since he's bad, all of his decisions are bad.

Check this list MrC, you can work up your arguments from here, you are only half way through the list.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy#A_list_of_fallacies)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2005, 09:37:08 am »

Really?  Why do you assume that?  Is it because he has not shared it with you?  Or because he has not shared it with me?  Why would you be so important that such a plan requires your input and approval?  Why would I be?  While I disagree with being there or having gone there, I suspect I understand what he is trying to do and I do see a plan.  I don't have to agree with it to connect some pretty large dots and acknowledge a logical chain of events. 

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2005, 09:59:32 am »
Last I heard, the President hasn't even presented his plan. How can you tear apart a plan that you haven't seen? What are the ACTUAL details of his plan? You don't know, unless you work for him now do you?

More importantly..*why* hasn't he presented the ACTUAL details of his plan? He is campaigning around the country, trying to strongarm opposition Democrats, yet...he hasn't unveiled the plan he's campaigning for? Sounds like a boondoggle to me.

Anyhow, there is enough information coming from this administration to make a valid criticism of Bush's planned direction w/ SS, without the bean-counting details. I suppose you'd have us wait until he ACTUALLY passed a reform bill before stepping up to the plate to voice concern?

Anyhow, let's save the Social Security debate for the other thread...personally, I don't care to debate it further, since Bush's plan is dead in the water. He can't even muster anything more than whimpering support from his own base. He just handed the Democrats a 'golden goose' platform for '06 w/ the whole privatization thingy.

mrC

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2005, 10:14:09 am »

Really?  Why do you assume that?

It has nothing to do with assumptions. Maybe I should have added no "realistic" and/or "feasible" post-war plan, to be more clear. He hasn't provided our troops w/ enough armor because he didn't think we'd be policing the streets in the middle of an insurgency ("Greeted as liberators!!", "Flowers & candy!!"). He originally intended to "hand over" Iraq to Chalabi and his crew, until he turned out to be an Iranian spy. That's some plan!! He has yet to set-up an infrastructure capable of training enough Iraqi troops to take over these duties as well. The latest counts show that as little as 5000 Iraqis have been trained to combat ready levels. This administration seem to be throwing guys in uniforms, with little or no training, unarmed in some cases...just to inflate the numbers.

"Instead, only figures for troops "on hand" are issued. The small number of soldiers, national guardsmen and police capable of operating against the country's bloody insurgency is concealed in an overall total of Iraqis in uniform, which includes raw recruits and police who have gone on duty after as little as three weeks' training. In some cases they have no weapons, body armor or even documents to show they are in the police.

The resulting confusion over numbers has allowed the US administration to claim that it is half-way to meeting the target of training almost 270,000 Iraqi forces, including around 52,000 troops and 135,000 Iraqi policemen. The reality, according to experts, is that there may be as few as 5,000 troops who could be considered combat ready"

While I disagree with being there or having gone there, I suspect I understand what he is trying to do and I do see a plan.

Having a desired goal, is *not* the same as having a solvent plan for achieving it.

mrC

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2005, 10:21:59 am »
Well, in a more than likely vain attempt to get this thread back on track:

"BIG Gannon story coming tomorrow"
by John in DC - 2/13/2005 07:26:00 PM

I'm wrapping it up now. It's big. Very big. I've just contacted him for comment. If he now decides to go public to pre-empt my story, well, you heard it here first. Stay tuned."

Stay tuned people...I hope this pans out. Sounds exciting. I bet Drew can't wait!!

EDIT: Our first hint.
"The watch was a very important clue. Kudos to whomever of you noticed it first a few days ago. Here's another new photo of it you haven't seen before:"

(via: AMERICAblog)

mrC: I certainly hope this is something interesting, since we already know Guckert *is* "Gannon", we didn't need the watch to conclude that. Hmmm....remember, this story has always been bigger than just "Gannon". Drew/fredster, et al. seem to think it's about journalistic integrity, but it's more about the people linked to "Gannon" than anything else. Hopefully, soon, he will become insignificant and we can move to the real "meat" of the story.

mrC
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 11:27:20 am by mr.Curmudgeon »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2005, 10:30:09 am »
Having a desired goal, is *not* the same as having a solvent plan for achieving it.

That appears to the the difference between our opinions.  I see a purpose and a plan, both working well.  They don't jibe with STATED goals or plans, but I see what I believe to be a coherent plan proceeding fully.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2005, 10:57:41 am »

That appears to the the difference between our opinions.

Definitely. Out of curiosity though, not that I'm trying to pin anything on you, but what would need to happen for you to consider the plan to be not working?

So far, from my perspective, all Bush has managed to do is take a uniquely secular Arab state and align it more closely with the theocracy next door. Somehow, I have trouble imagining that is part of a "successful strategy" in Iraq.

"But, in one of the greatest ironies of the U.S. intervention, Iraqis instead went to the polls and elected a government with a strong religious base -- and very close ties to the Islamic republic next door. It is the last thing the administration expected from its costly Iraq policy -- $300 billion and counting, U.S. and regional analysts say."

mrC

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2005, 11:13:34 am »
Definitely. Out of curiosity though, not that I'm trying to pin anything on you, but what would need to happen for you to consider the plan to be not working?

I would conclude that it is NOT working if I could NOT think of a plausible goal based on the evidence I can see.  I can see a reason for it to be the way it is, an intentional reason that would in fact be the type of military stratagem that would not be disclosable to the general public.  I have faith that it is our seasoned military leaders, and not Bush himself, that are truly running the strategy.  Presidents are not military strategists, they simply choose an option from many given them by their professional military men.

If one changes the goal from Democratic, independent, self sufficient Iraq to dependent, unstable Iraq requiring our military presence, the plan could be proceeding well.  It is certainly to OUR best military advantage to have a required military presence in Iraq for quite some time.

I consider things a total failure only when I consider myself intelligent enough and in possession of enough information that I cannot see a way to success.  I see ways for them to be succeeding in their plans so I will not conclude it to be a true failure yet.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2005, 11:21:36 am »
mrC: I certainly hope this is something interesting, since we already know Guckert *is* "Gannon", we didn't need the watch to conclude that. Hmmm....

From a poster on AMERICAblog: "D-R-I-N-K-M-O-R-E-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I hope it's better than that, but I won't get my hopes up.  :)
mrC

fredster

• Offline Offline
  • It's all good!
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2005, 11:25:40 am »
Last I heard, the President hasn't even presented his plan. How can you tear apart a plan that you haven't seen? What are the ACTUAL details of his plan? You don't know, unless you work for him now do you?

More importantly..*why* hasn't he presented the ACTUAL details of his plan? He is campaigning around the country, trying to strongarm opposition Democrats, yet...he hasn't unveiled the plan he's campaigning for? Sounds like a boondoggle to me.

So, you haven't seen the Plan, and apparently you haven't been Listening to him either. So you are "ranting" about something you haven't had a chance to see if it will work or give it a chance, or offer any solution, or even really want to see it **nuff said on that subject.

I consider things a total failure only when I consider myself intelligent enough and in possession of enough information that I cannot see a way to success.

I suggest you get a bigger sign. Maybe that will help. Start beating a tamborene or something to make your point " The sky is falling" etc.

Because I suspect that if one the greatest Military victorys of the Modern era isn't a "success" to you, then I'm not sure what would be. The transformation of a tyranny to a democracy isn't a success, then you can't be convinced.

If and when the Middle east has Iraq and Afgahnistan as an example of what freedom can do to the rest of these countries, we can see a very huge benifit.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2005, 11:28:30 am »
If and when the Middle east has Iraq and Afgahnistan as an example of what freedom can do to the rest of these countries, we can see a very huge benifit. 

"Sky is falling" VS. "Pie in the Sky".....sounds about right.

mrC

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2005, 12:23:27 pm »
Because I suspect that if one the greatest Military victorys of the Modern era isn't a "success" to you, then I'm not sure what would be. The transformation of a tyranny to a democracy isn't a success, then you can't be convinced.

Iraq and Afghanistan are not democracies yet and they are not free yet.  These people don't appear to want democracy nor freedom.  The only thing preventing a bloody coup in Iraq is the US presence.  We're talking about a region that in 8000 years has not once stood up and fought for its own freedom.  What makes us think they want it now?

Stomping a vastly inferior military is not a great victory, it's an expected one.  Outlasting the Soviet Union was a great victory.  Defeating Nazi Germany was a great victory.  Iraq was something we stepped on (and in).

Iraq cannot be called a success because it is nowhere near any plausible end goal.  It cannot be called a failure for the same reason.

fredster

• Offline Offline
  • It's all good!
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2005, 01:58:56 pm »
Sky is falling" VS. "Pie in the Sky".....sounds about right.

Either one is likely.  People want to live and live without oppression. It has a better chance of success than failure IMHO.

On top of Godwin's law, I now introduce "fredster's law"
Any converation on BYOAC about politics breaks down to the Iraq question.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2005, 02:45:21 pm »
OMG. Jeff Guckert exposed and his credibility is ABSOLUTELY GONE. Looks like the Republicans one-upped ole' Clenis.... :o

The breaking "Gannon" story has been released over at http://www.americablog.org/. (NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!)

I'll quote a summary:

WOLF BLITZER: Because one of the things, as you know, that were said is that you had some sexually explicit Web sites that you were working on. I don't understand what that is, but maybe you could explain that.

JEFF GANNON: Well, several years ago, before I came to Washington, I had registered various domain names for a private client. I was doing Web site development. Those sites were never hosted. There's -- nothing ever went up on them. And the client went on to do something else. - CNN, 2/10/05

... Cut to today below ...

"Why does this matter?

So in the end, why does this matter? Why does it matter that Jeff Gannon may have been a gay hooker named James Guckert with a $20,000 defaulted court judgment against him? So he somehow got a job lobbing softball questions to the White House. Big deal. If he was already a prostitute, why not be one in the White House briefing room as well?

This is the Conservative Republican Bush White House we're talking about. It's looking increasingly like they made a decision to allow a hooker to ask the President of the United States questions. They made a decision to give a man with an alias and no journalistic experience access to the West Wing of the White House on a "daily basis." They reportedly made a decision to give him - one of only six - access to documents, or information in those documents, that exposed a clandestine CIA operative. Say what you will about Monika Lewinsky - a tasteless episode, "inappropriate," whatever. Monika wasn't a gay prostitute running around the West Wing. What kind of leadership would let prostitutes roam the halls of the West Wing? What kind of war-time leadership can't find the same information that took bloggers only days to find?

None of this is by accident.

Someone had to make a decision to let all this happen. Who? Someone committed a crime in exposing Valerie Plame and now it appears a gay hooker may be right in the middle of all of it? Who?

Ultimately, it is the hypocrisy that is such a challenge to grasp in this story. This is the same White House that ran for office on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. While they are surrounded by gay hookers? While they use a gay hooker to write articles for their gay hating political base? While they use a gay hooker to destroy a political enemy? Not to mention the hypocrisy of a "reporter" who chooses to publish article after article defending the ant-gay religious-right point of view on gay civil rights issue.

Who in the White House is at the center of all of this? Who allowed this to go on in the People's House? Who committed the crime of exposing Valerie Plame? Jeff Gannon has the answers to these questions, and boy we know he loves to talk."

I sure hope he didn't give Bush a blowjob...where's Ken Starr when you need him. Again, I'm not sure how this'll play out. But the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

mrC
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 02:53:19 pm by mr.Curmudgeon »

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2005, 02:46:27 pm »
Countdown to Conservative "moral outrage" in.....3.....2.....1.....right?

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2005, 02:50:09 pm »
On top of Godwin's law, I now introduce "fredster's law"
Any converation on BYOAC about politics breaks down to the Iraq question.

From what I've read, they always break down when people start accusing the other of bias, when people start making more snarky remarks than points, and when people start namecalling.  That's why I have made a point to do none of those things.  None of them are useful in a debate.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2005, 02:52:16 pm »
While they are surrounded by gay hookers?

How exactly does someone become surrounded by one person?

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
While they are surrounded by gay hookers?

How exactly does someone become surrounded by one person?

LOL...he's a big guy?!   ???

Apparently "rough" too:
"AGGRESIVE, VERBAL, DOMINANT TOP"
I DON'T LEAVE MARKS....ONLY IMPRESSIONS"

mrC
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 02:56:16 pm by mr.Curmudgeon »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2005, 02:57:48 pm »
See, that's the type of thing that makes me disbelieve the author.  Hyperbole is not effective on me.  I want facts, I want rational thinking, I want clear analysis.  That author had none of those things, instead he had the Whitehouse full of romping gay hookers dressed up like Richard Simmons.  Even if he HAD real, hard facts and astute analysis in there I will not take him seriously and neither will anyone thinking clearly.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2005, 03:06:30 pm »
Even if he HAD real, hard facts and astute analysis in there I will not take him seriously and neither will anyone thinking clearly.

The facts are there, dude. You just don't want to believe it. Invoices, receipts, PHOTOS!
The idea is that, if the WH would let one guy like this "morally depraved" individual into the press corp, unvetted...how many more? His hyperbole doesn't discredit the facts, just his analysis. You can still use the hard evidence to come to your own conclusion. You act like you need someone to inform you of events/situations in a way you can agree with, evidence be damned. That doesn't sound right.

I'm more interested in WHY and HOW he got there. Did someone high up, "owe" him a favor? How could they NOT know about this?

TWO MOST IMPORTANT ISSUES:

Why did he have access to a CIA memo?
Who's behind him? Who's funding him?

I could care less about whether or not he's gay...but if this is what it takes to get "Scandalized" then whatever...personally I think Americans should have been concerned about his presence in the WH from the get-go, without all the "gay prostitute" stuff. Red staters probably won't care, 'cuz they already shown hypocrisy is fine, as long as it's their own.

That being said, there is real danger in this angle of the story, as it may completely draw attention away from the real issue at hand. The real issue is the Plame/Novak/CIA leak coming from a nobody/fake journalist/flimsy credentialed/porn-site operator/whom Scott McClellon calls on on a regular basis.

mr.C
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 03:19:48 pm by mr.Curmudgeon »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2005, 03:43:09 pm »
That being said, there is real danger in this angle of the story, as it may completely draw attention away from the real issue at hand. The real issue is the Plame/Novak/CIA leak coming from a nobody/fake journalist/flimsy credentialed/porn-site operator/whom Scott McClellon calls on on a regular basis.

This is a true statement, and it is precisely why I say that hard slanted, hyperbolic articles can't be trusted.  It's not only the source that cannot be trusted.  You cannot trust the resultant response to said articles, either.  It all fits into a larger picture to those who are making a concerted effort to not be sucked into that behaviour.

Crazy Cooter

• Senator Cooter was heard today telling the entire congressional body to STFU...
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 08:58:02 pm
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2005, 08:13:02 pm »
Jeez CT, I had no idea you were one of those "government alternate motives everywhere" kind of people too. ;)

I put forward this:
Most of the general public doesn't think more than 5 minutes in front or behind them.  Once word gets around that this guy is a gay prostitute (or rumored to be whatever, I don't care).  The public will totally miss the fact that this guy should never been where he was.  Who better to take the blame?  Bush supporters (mostly) already think less of someone who is gay so they will miss the point, homophobes will miss the point, religious nuts (that oppose prostitution) will miss the point, and people who don't pay attention will miss the point.  Soo... 100% of non-voters, 90% of republicans and 80% of dems will completely miss the point.

Congrats Bush Administration.  Finally I can say "well done".  But I'm still   don't agree with what was done.

As a sidenote, Bush has been told NOT to reveal the details of his SS plan.  It's considered too touchy of an issue.  It's preferred that Congress fill in the blanks so if it comes apart, it won't be blamed 100% on a republican. :o  Pretty weak in my book.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2005, 10:16:43 pm »
Jeez CT, I had no idea you were one of those "government alternate motives everywhere" kind of people too. ;)

I didn't realize protecting the citizens of the US is an ulterior motive.

I put forward this:
Most of the general public doesn't think more than 5 minutes in front or behind them.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2005, 11:47:03 am »
The real issue will be obscured because this guy is gay.

I'm starting to think the Republicans are so insidious, that they've developed a methodology for scandal that involves building inherent "scandal fuses" into any potentially damaging situation. These fuses are then blown when the scandal starts to overload, and those who drew all the power are never damaged.

Like, "Hey, let's manufacture a media whore, who'll shill for Bus, re-direct the questioning of the WH press corp, and right hit-pieces on the opposition...but let's make him an *ACTUAL* man-whore, so if he's caught, no one will care about anything other than the OMGZ HE'S THE GAY MANWHOREZ!!!11"

Damn, stinkin' Rats.

mrC

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2005, 12:31:25 pm »

I'm starting to think the Republicans are so insidious, that they've developed a methodology for scandal that involves building inherent "scandal fuses" into any potentially damaging situation. These fuses are then blown when the scandal starts to overload, and those who drew all the power are never damaged.

ALL parties do that.  That's what the Democrats did with Clinton, had the sex stuff come out to cover over the Whitewater investigations.  THAT was the real political danger, yet 90% of the public has no idea how many people went to jail or were killed over Whitewater.  All anyone remembers is that Clinton stuck a cigar in Monica and smoked it.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2005, 01:49:20 pm »
That's what the Democrats did with Clinton, had the sex stuff come out to cover over the Whitewater investigations.

Yet the Republicans were allowed to organize a $70-million dollar tax-payer funded lynch mob and impeach him on it anyhow. What about this WH and the current sex cover-up? Where's our Ken Starr? Where's the justice? Hopefully it's coming down the pipe. I imagine this is *far* from over...

I hope they get to the bottom of this and I hope it doesn't stop at "Scott McClellan's gay lover got a cushy job lobbing softball questions to his beloved." /conjecture. Anyhow, that's a lot to hope for, given the things this administration has already gotten away with. They seem to reward incompetence and encourage chicanery, and no one seem to care.

The real question is, in a post 9/11 ultra-tight security laced WH, how/when did a male prostitute get the privileges to hear/see/read classified information about an undercover CIA operative? Pillow talk?

mrC

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2005, 01:56:55 pm »
Pillow talk?

One cannot talk with their face jammed into a pillow.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2005, 03:40:59 pm »
THESE ARE HILARIOUS!!  A satirist couldn't write better stuff. Too bad "Gannon" stopped short of, "Mr. McClellan...I have a follow-up to that last softball, why is President Bush so awesome?"

Some of Gannon's greatest hits, as featured in a video montage on Olberman's show last night:

May 10, 2004: "Q In your denunciations of the Abu Ghraib photos, you've used words like 'sickening,' 'disgusting' and 'reprehensible.' Will you have any adjectives left to adequately describe the pictures from Saddam's rape rooms and torture chambers? And will Americans ever see those images?

"MR. McCLELLAN: I'm glad you brought that up, Jeff, because the President talks about that often."

July 15, 2004: "Q Last Friday, the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report that shows that Ambassador Joe Wilson lied when he said his wife didn't put him up for the mission to Niger. The British inquiry into their own prewar intelligence yesterday concluded that the President's 16 words were 'well-founded.' Doesn't Joe Wilson owe the President and America an apology for his deception and his own intelligence failure?"

April 1, 2004: "Q I'd like to comment on the angry mob that surrounded Karl Rove's house on Sunday. They chanted and pounded on the windows until the D.C. police and Secret Service were called in. The protest was organized by the National People's Action Coalition, whose members receive taxpayer funds, as well as financial support from groups including Theresa Heinz Kerry's Tides Foundation.

"MR. McCLELLAN: I would just say that, one, we appreciate and understand concerns that people may have. I would certainly hope that people would respect the families of White House staff."

Feb. 10, 2004: "Q Since there have been so many questions about what the President was doing over 30 years ago, what is it that he did after his honorable discharge from the National Guard? Did he make speeches alongside Jane Fonda, denouncing America's racist war in Vietnam? Did he testify before Congress that American troops committed war crimes in Vietnam? And did he throw somebody else's medals at the White House to protest a war America was still fighting?"

Is Drew really Jeff "Gannon"...and how did he get a job in the WH? Is he still renting himself out? If so, how much for a weekend? I could use a hand building my cab...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:42:30 pm by mr.Curmudgeon »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2005, 03:45:00 pm »
Is he still renting himself out? If so, how much for a weekend? I could use a hand building my cab...

...oose.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2005, 04:16:54 pm »
Like Gannon said "people detached from reality".  It hit a nerve with the dems and forced them to wake up a minute.

Just wanted to clear this up, Guckert's "divorced from reality quote", as horrible a partisan comment it was, was not the thing that got the left up in arms. That the Right claims to have a monopoly on reality, while eschewing it for "faith", is nothing shocking. What finally drove Guckert out into the light was this, (from the Washington Post):

"Pretty much every day, Gannon got cleared into the White House briefing room by a press office that knew his real name. Press Secretary Scott McClellan frequently called on him during the mid-day briefings, using his fake name. McClellan was consistently rewarded with questions that -- in stark contrast from most of what passes for questions in that room -- were more expressions of conservative dogma than actual attempts to elicit information. Members of the press corps individually confronted Gannon and told him that he didn't belong there. But nothing more serious than that happened -- until Bush called on him at his televised Jan. 26 news conference and he asked a loaded, inaccurate question partly derived from a Rush Limbaugh joke.

In the ensuing days, liberal Web sites and an army of bloggers determined his real name, called attention to his lack of journalistic credentials, found a link to gay porn Web sites, pointed out how that ran afoul of his "family values" positions, and apparently hounded him into resigning."

Mr. Guckert was caught plagiarizing one of Rush's lame jokes, trying to pass it off as fact...too bad he chose to do so by disparaging new minority leader Harry Reid (D), a Dem with some newfound backbone. He stood up for himself,  the left took up the cause of defending him as well. The research into "Gannon" ensued and his shadowy life was flushed out into the open. Don't let Guckert play the victim here, he's an ass, and he's getting what he deserves.

mrC

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2005, 04:27:02 pm »
I have to admit, when so much of your post (and it usually is) is someone else's work, I don't read it.

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2005, 04:36:34 pm »
I have to admit, when so much of your post (and it usually is) is someone else's work, I don't read it.

Boo hoo.

It's called supporting evidence, and you don't use any because you never have it. I always give credit for the quote, and I link when necessary.

And here's some more for you, from a press "gaggle" shortly after Guckert came to light. Proof that McClellan was complicit in hiding "Gannon's" true name:

" Q Jeff Gannon. How did he get a White House pass, or what kind of credentials did he have?

MR. McCLELLAN: Just like anyone else who comes to the White House.

Q Hard pass?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, he had never applied for a hard pass. He had a daily pass. I think he's been coming for --

Q Was he coming for --

MR. McCLELLAN: Hang on. I think he's been coming for more than two years now.

Q Under what name?

MR. McCLELLAN: Sorry?

Q Under what name?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, you have to get cleared. You have to -- just like anybody else that comes to the White House, you have to have your full name, your Social Security number and your birth date. So you have to be cleared just like anybody else.

Q So he was being cleared under James Guckert, or whatever his name is?

MR. McCLELLAN: My understanding, yes...

Q But did you know during all this time that he really wasn't Jeff Gannon?

MR. McCLELLAN: I heard at some point, yes -- previously."

mrC
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 04:42:33 pm by mr.Curmudgeon »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2005, 04:55:14 pm »
It's called supporting evidence, and you don't use any because you never have it.

The sources you use are not the type of sources I go to for evidence.  Evidence is a fact, cold and hard.  Places like the Washington Post wouldn't know what to do with a fact if it were cold and hard and shoved up their behind.  I don't quote sources because the things I post are my own opinion, formed by critical thought after reading several items on the subject from both sides of the fence.

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2005, 12:31:33 am »

May 10, 2004: "Q In your denunciations of the Abu Ghraib photos, you've used words like 'sickening,' 'disgusting' and 'reprehensible.' Will you have any adjectives left to adequately describe the pictures from Saddam's rape rooms and torture chambers? And will Americans ever see those images?

"MR. McCLELLAN: I'm glad you brought that up, Jeff, because the President talks about that often."

July 15, 2004: "Q Last Friday, the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report that shows that Ambassador Joe Wilson lied when he said his wife didn't put him up for the mission to Niger. The British inquiry into their own prewar intelligence yesterday concluded that the President's 16 words were 'well-founded.' Doesn't Joe Wilson owe the President and America an apology for his deception and his own intelligence failure?"

April 1, 2004: "Q I'd like to comment on the angry mob that surrounded Karl Rove's house on Sunday. They chanted and pounded on the windows until the D.C. police and Secret Service were called in. The protest was organized by the National People's Action Coalition, whose members receive taxpayer funds, as well as financial support from groups including Theresa Heinz Kerry's Tides Foundation.

"MR. McCLELLAN: I would just say that, one, we appreciate and understand concerns that people may have. I would certainly hope that people would respect the families of White House staff."

Feb. 10, 2004: "Q Since there have been so many questions about what the President was doing over 30 years ago, what is it that he did after his honorable discharge from the National Guard? Did he make speeches alongside Jane Fonda, denouncing America's racist war in Vietnam? Did he testify before Congress that American troops committed war crimes in Vietnam? And did he throw somebody else's medals at the White House to protest a war America was still fighting?"

So these are examples of the softball questions that take the press conferences off track and can't be brought back to the topics that "needed" to be brought up?

My humblest apologies. 

I have NO idea what I was thinking!  Somebody call the cops!  ::)

Seems Mr. Olberman found the life boat he needed after leaving his cushy job as Dan Patrick's sidekick.  At least he's still funny - he'll ALWAYS be the best second-fiddle ESPN ever had (unless you're into STOOYA Scott  ::) )

We're EVER so glad you pointed out exactly what you meant.

To aid you in your cause, I'm starting the petition to impeach President Bush.

Enter your complete name, address, and signature on the line provided below.  They have some stiff rules, though.  They won't accept any information that doesn't fit on the line, so make sure to write neat.  Someone start us off - remember - stay on the line provided.

You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2005, 08:39:37 am »
1. W

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2005, 09:10:25 am »
1. W

AWW man, that sucks!  I think everyone agrees with William Jefferson Clinton, but since all he can fit on there is the first letter of his name, we'll have to disregard his signature  ;D (besides, that just looks like sour grapes to be the "me first, me first" guy to sign up ;) )

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2005, 09:23:54 am »
Concede it, man, that was a great response.   ;D

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2005, 09:28:07 am »
Only if you'll conced it was easy to deflect and just as funny a retort!

NEVER!  alright, that was pretty funny!