Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking for Videogame Commercials  (Read 2665 times)

HeadRusch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2006, 04:13:30 pm
  • ....Here you are all EQUALLY WORTHLESS...
Looking for Videogame Commercials
« on: February 04, 2005, 03:30:49 pm »
I'm trying to track down some videogame commercials from the late 70's and early 80's.

I know its not as easy to find these since VCR's weren't really proliferating through american households at that point, but was hoping to find some better examples than the 100K postage-stamp sized RealMedia files that always seem to turn up when I do a google search.

I just ripped a bunch of GI Joe toy commercials from an old VHS tape I had lying around, and realized how cool it would be to have some of the original videogame commtericals from Atari, Coleco, Mattell and so forth, but finding them isn't particularly easy.

AT least, not finding them in any sort of Quality.  Most are choppy or badly encoded realmedia files 180x120 size or something like that.  A real pity too...

Besides X-Entertainment, and RetroJunk, does anyone know of any good sites that might have cool videogame commercials floating around?  Thx!

".....its like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

General Zod

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2005, 03:58:28 pm
  • Banned
Re: Looking for Videogame Commercials
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 04:31:20 pm »
I found a few at the following site. Again , the quality not being the greatest, it was nice to take a trip down memory lane, ya know.

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/tv_adverts_summary.htm

The files there are mixed, mostly RM and mov files.

somunny

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2018, 02:22:25 pm
  • Is it hot in here?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 06:41:03 pm »
I posted a link about five threads from here.

papaschtroumpf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2013, 11:41:10 pm
  • Have a Cow!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 01:46:53 am »
Is there a way to convert those movies to AVIs? Mamewah (the front end I use) doesn't know how to deal with quicktime and realmedia format. I'd love to add these to my screensaver flicks though.