Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Typing of the dead!!!  (Read 3939 times)

Layer01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2005, 03:42:40 pm
  • no ghost, just a shell
The Typing of the dead!!!
« on: January 30, 2005, 07:28:24 pm »
 Here is another awesome Arcade game, though a little unorthodox, but those of you with the built in keyboard dawers will have the perfect set up.

you all know the House of the dead series, were you shoot the s%$t out of zombies and generally have  a good time doing so...no doubt many have had their parents/spouse saying things like "i wish you'd do something more usefull with your time".... wouldn't it be great if you could combine the learning of usefull skills with zombie blasting mayhem...usefull skills like say....touch typing.
well thankfully for you and me Sega heard our cries and has released the typing of the dead..thats right, you read that right...the typing of the dead.
 in this game you are again pitted against the hordes of undead from the first game, but this time whenever a zombie apears on screen a word is in front of him/her and as you type the word you blow chunks of his/her body.....so cool.....
every letter is a shot, every typo is a miss, and after he is dead you get a breif score letting you know how good you are.
as the levels progress they start to have sentences and phrases even the axes they throw have a letter so you can  shoot them.
couple this with the training mode and you'll be touch typing in no time. and accroding to the game able to leave work early and do kareoke....awesome

and with words and phrases like "boobe tube" and "my foxy wife" good times are assured. 4 out of 5

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: The Typing of the dead!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 11:58:52 pm »
This isn't an arcade game, you can't play it on an arcade cabinet because it requires a keyboard and thus it's completly and totally worthless on a mame cab.  This isn't to knock the game at all, it's just this forum is for reviews of arcade games suited for a cabinet.

Final Verdict 0/5  (unplayable, so no score)

Nipedley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2017, 12:22:06 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 04:19:19 pm »
If you will notice;
but those of you with the built in keyboard drawers
which is a fair few people, and this was actually an arcade game.
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=T&game_id=10244
and I have to agree with the reviewer, this game ROCKS! :D
5/5!

BlackFox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2010, 11:30:16 am
  • Joystick Junkie
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 07:24:29 pm »
nigga you got SERVED.

and ive played it, its wierd, but great.
"Your Anger Is A Gift" - Zack De La Rocha