Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame used for personal gain..!!?!  (Read 2167 times)

delta88

• I didn't try to trick anyone - Fair warning was given
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2022, 09:53:16 pm
  • This place is still here?
Mame used for personal gain..!!?!
« on: October 16, 2002, 01:18:18 pm »
 >:(
So I was tootin' around with Kazaa lite today and was searchin for this and that..and downloaded this revenge of the 80's program..now I really dont care about any virus on my pc..I dl on the desktop and run on my pc...if anything happens..ohwell..format reload..but back to the matter at hand..

If you use kazaa look for this revenge of the 80s..may or maynot find it.. look around..my version has pacman, galaga and donky kong in it..

well I installed it and ran galaga and to my suprise this mame window ops up.."press any key" heh...its just mame32 with a fancy frontend...

so who do ya tell about this... it has the www.revengeofthe80s.com url...but a galaga backdrop appears and nothing else.. I HAVE THE INSTALL FILE..ANYONE THINK IT SHOULD BE SENT TO THE MAME GUYS?

THX
'D88

RacerX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2022, 12:06:34 pm
  • Longtime member, sometime poster.
Re:Mame used for personal gain..!!?!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 01:27:50 pm »
He also may be selling it on Ebay or be planning to.  I went to http://www.revengeofthe80s.com/graphics/ (found by viewing the source on his home page), and he has a file called ebayscreenshot1.jpg in that directory.  Just something else to keep an eye out for.   >:(
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 01:30:10 pm by RacerX »

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 01:35:05 pm »
oh... hmm... that might make more sense/better angle...

i'm gonna whois and see whats up..

rampy
edit $%%%
here's the whois and here's one of his ebay id's -    rnm89

he's not offering anything and his auctions aren't avail. for browsing.. so *Shrug*

edit%%%here's how the site used to look maybe he used to sell mame cd's in a classic collection (or some other emu with a fancey front end...) maybe he coded his own emu or has legal right to seel those roms in a commercial package... (not likely)  thje fact that the package is all over kazaa means he isn't going to be making much money any more... i imagine... and he's less likely to get an auction that won't get cut short by ebay authorities...*Shrug*

*Shrug*

rampy
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 04:26:47 pm by rampy »

David King

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2003, 08:36:46 am
  • Ohio-UFO capital of the world
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 02:42:15 pm »
Submited form says:

Send check or money order to: Mike DiVincent 7143 state rd 54 PMB 142 New Port Richey, Florida 34653

Instructions: Please print out 2 copies of this form & send one copy with order.

Total Price: I Classic Arcade Game  $9.99

Payment Method: Check (3-5 days to clear)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 02:44:10 pm by David King »

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2014, 01:37:18 am
  • Yes, that is a joystick in my pocket.
    • 1UPArcade
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2002, 04:34:39 pm »
It really bugs me that I'm busting my --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules-- trying to make a living by doing something creative, and people like this can do nothing but make a buck by leeching off someone else's creation.  He might as well make a custom shell for Photoshop and sell it as his own product!  :P  :-\  >:(
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 04:35:17 pm by 1UP »

Free resource for building your own rotating control panels!

My other job...