Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mouse buttons lagged in MAME?  (Read 723 times)

Zaar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2005, 02:04:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mouse buttons lagged in MAME?
« on: January 19, 2005, 03:44:43 pm »
I recently finished up a cabinet that has a trackball and two mouse buttons connected to a ps/2 mouse board.  I use GLaunch to run MAME with the +mouse command line option.  In MAME the trackball works, but the mouse buttons have a half second or so lag on them.  If I quickly tap them, nothing happens, but if I hold them in for that long then they work.  Also, in the config window I cannot bind the mouse buttons to anything, I have to edit the config myself.  In Windows XP the buttons work with perfect response times, so I get the feeling that MAME is having trouble interpreting mouse clicks, but I can't for the life of me figure out how.  I am using Logitech Mouseware to correct the mouse alignment, but I've tried without and the same problem occurs.

If anyone knows what might be causing this problem or a better way to set up my software I would be much obliged for the help.  Thanks in advance!

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re: Mouse buttons lagged in MAME?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 06:01:02 pm »
does not sound good at all.

what is your ps2 mouse board?  OptiPac?  Oscars hacked mouse?  Other?  (might make a difference)

btw, are you sure you are using the proper ground?  The one that came on the mouse.  It sounds like some weird grounding thing to me...

I'm also assuming that you can unplug the trackball and plugin a mouse and make sure everything works (not software)

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
Re: Mouse buttons lagged in MAME?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 05:52:53 am »
Some people recommend not using mouse buttons for gaming in MAME.  Although you shouldn't get that bad delay, if at all.  I thought the issue was more about simultaneous presses or something.  I've never had any real trouble using mouse buttons...